The Future: Spend $60 for an unfinished game.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was far less coherent than the OP... "I don't like a game so no one else should and anyone who does or has any shred of optimism is a fucking idiot" appears to be your argument. If that sounds about right, let me retort. I know you are, but what am I?

Reactions: 2 people

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought almost all games have a glitch here and there from time to time and the only thing you can do is tell the devs so they can release a patch for it and i'm sure all of them are happy to so I don't really see the problem unless some devs refuse to patch the glitch and prefers to stay ignorant to the problems in their games but then its them you should be complaining to not everyone else.

I honestly thought this thread was about DLC since I only read a bit of the title and it kinda looked like the future spend $60 on an unfinished game.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's hard for developers to find bugs/glitches in a game
That's where the consumer comes in. They find a bug/glitch, report it, and then the developers patch it.
No big deal. You'd rather that we don't get patches (for free, too, I add) and just have a broken game?

LOL the consumer is not a beta tester, game companies should pay qualified people to do something like but, but the only problem is game developers treat the consumer like beta testers and it's cheaper for us to test them instead of hiring a independent beta tester instead that is why they take the mick and also why when game devs release "betas" they are really just letting us test their game for free to keep costs down and at the same time make it look like it's something exclusive or something.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great topic DJ91990, Bethesda are the worse, they never test thier games, ubisoft are just under them, their games are always so broken and full of bugs.

I really don't know of a single Ubisoft game that is "broken and full of bugs" in recent years. Maybe the first Asscreed but they realized their mistakes and made a phenomenal sequel and further titles.

Also do you ever not complain? I can't remember the last time I saw you in a thread where you weren't complaining or trying to say something along the lines of "WE AS CONSUMERS ARE GETTING FUCKED".

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's fucking video games, if you don't like the business practices then you can get the fuck out. I mean it's casual entertainment, it's not like we're talking about any serious consequences here.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what will happen in the far future. Someone pops in an Xbox 360 game to play, but the servers aren't up anymore and they can't download any of the title updates. They're stuck with what is on the disc, glitches and all. What about DLC? Characters locked on the disc, but you can't buy them anymore. Replaying one of today's game in the future will be a different game without any fixes or DLC.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what will happen in the far future. Someone pops in an Xbox 360 game to play, but the servers aren't up anymore and they can't download any of the title updates. They're stuck with what is on the disc, glitches and all. What about DLC? Characters locked on the disc, but you can't buy them anymore. Replaying one of today's game in the future will be a different game without any fixes or DLC.

For the first issue, wasn't that just ten times worse ten years ago? Back in the day, if you bought a game, you were stuck with what was on the game. Glitches and all.

On-disc DLC, it's sleezy, but I think it'll get outphased eventually. A lot of people are opposed to it. I think Capcom is re-evaluating their policy on it.

I mean really a lot of this is better than back in the day when a game was what it was. If it was broken, it stayed that way. If it got an expansion, you had to buy another game for it.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
great topic DJ91990, Bethesda are the worse, they never test thier games, ubisoft are just under them, their games are always so broken and full of bugs.

I really don't know of a single Ubisoft game that is "broken and full of bugs" in recent years. Maybe the first Asscreed but they realized their mistakes and made a phenomenal sequel and further titles.

Also do you ever not complain? I can't remember the last time I saw you in a thread where you weren't complaining or trying to say something along the lines of "WE AS CONSUMERS ARE GETTING FUCKED".

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's fucking video games, if you don't like the business practices then you can get the fuck out. I mean it's casual entertainment, it's not like we're talking about any serious consequences here.
Because all the sovelware they make isn't enough.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I certainly do not want to appear dismissive as it is an interesting line of logic and there is something there but as it stands we already have 360 title updates available on third party download sites that can be installed with minimal hassle and DLC is not exactly hard to find either but that is a slightly different matter. I suppose the question is will there be a truly viable hack at the PS3/360 EOL (two years away?) and as we do not really have something to compare it to (despite some minor exceptions the xbox is indeed a xbox and a PS2 is just a PS2 and old PC games are not quite the same) that for me is where the interesting question sets in.

Edit
Re: broken ubisoft games.
I know it was 2003 (more like 2006 by the time I rolled around) but I still remember replaying sands of time thanks to the observatory glitch (it was the one time I forewent the save every other slot thing I had otherwise done since the amiga.....).

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
games before had so many glitches too. just look at youtube and you can find a bunch. the good thing about now is that games can get fixed easily by updating patches and actually fixing it instead of having to buy the actual game again with the fix. it seems also that developers now also listen to the community alot. just look at mass effect 3. people complained about the ending and they changed it. havent played the game or the new ending so i dont really know what happened there, but the point is, now developers seem to care more about their consumers

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games before had so many glitches too. just look at youtube and you can find a bunch. the good thing about now is that games can get fixed easily by updating patches and actually fixing it instead of having to buy the actual game again with the fix. it seems also that developers now also listen to the community alot. just look at mass effect 3. people complained about the ending and they changed it. havent played the game or the new ending so i dont really know what happened there, but the point is, now developers seem to care more about their consumers
This is what I am getting at.
People are getting free fixes and they COMPLAIN?
Such a selfish hoard you people are.

loco365

Trophies
XP
@[member='pokefloote']
How is the Pokemon Breeder Re-battle glitch not a glitch at all? I could see if you had to talk to the Pokemon Breeders to re-battle them and their Pokemon had higher levels (Much like the VS Seeker rematches in Fire Red and Leaf Green) but they don't. Some Pokemon Breeders are positioned in a way that you can't avoid fighting them. It sure seems like a bug to me. The lazy script coders forgot to use the setflag command to prevent the player from grinding the same trainer over and over.
Not wanting to butt in, but when her text is translated, she wants to battle you over and over again, as she claims training is a good thing. So therefore, it's not a bug. I, for one, did find a bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9FeVv58OQ

D

Deleted_171835

I haven't really been annoyed at this because I typically play games late after release (GOTY version with everything fixed + DLC).

But that's what happens as games grow larger and become more complicated. You can't catch every single glitch in QA testing.

Although, the rampant patching has been getting annoying especially with the PS3. Try playing an older game that you haven't tried in a while on the system and prepare to wait 30 minutes to install and download a large patch/update. That shouldn't be happening.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i thought this was gonna be about literally selling incomplete games for full retail and then having to buy the rest of the game through DLC

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or spend $60 for an unfinished game...and pay $30 to get the rest...

Don't forget the limited editions you can spend $100 on to get those extra experiences for 'free'

Lol you really haven't seen many limited editions then.

I mean there's the occasional bullshit ones but then there's the actually good ones that come with collectibles and shit. Like Resident Evil 6 (from GASP CAPCOM), Borderlands 2, that Street Fighter 25th Anniversary thing, etc.

Also, ITT: The Future: Get More Bang for Your Buck Than 20 Years Ago and Do Nothing But Bitch About It.

reshx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume that a unfinished game is a demo , i would never buy one , but the mario kart and zelda ,no one that bought it a long ago , when it was released , would never know that those games have some bug/glitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on!