Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo of America doesn't think North American gamers will buy the likes of Xenoblade, Last Story or Pandora's Tower...so they're not releasing them even though Nintendo of Europe have confirmed one of those and are hinting the other two as being in the process of being translated into many languages.

NA gamers are unhappy...so they're doing something about it by writing letters, campaigning on twitter as well as the Facebook pages. Some are even going as far as pre-ordering Xenoblade back when it was called Monando on Amazon which so far has made the game shoot up to the 650 mark on the rankings, which is higher then some other high profile titles that are being released.

Will it work? Who can say, generally these things don't work but this seems to be on a bigger scale and with actual pre-orders Nintendo may bite...but yeah this is Nintendo, they decided you didn't want online remember.

I hope Xenoblade and Last Story do make it, they are (from what I've played) pretty good games. Pandora's Tower though I could not really care about, its ok but if it didn't have the Nintendo tag no one would really care much about it.

http://www.destructoid.com/letter-writing-...er-204505.phtml
Sourcey 2

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess you have to put money down to pre-order? I've never used Amazon. Probably a lot more convinceing if people do that than start a petition. I can see why companies take no notice of facebook campaigns. It's major major fans and collectors who get very vocal. With most things for every big fan there's probably 19 people who don't make a big deal but will spend the money. If it's a serious niche game in that market I can imagine that's not normally the case, and even most of people who sign the petition won't bother voting with their wallets.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing that gets me is why do they region lock their console and then refuse to bring games over? And then do the same thing with the next console and expect people to buy it (just to play some games that were out already on the ps360).

My wii is hacked so them not releasing it in NA doesn't mean that I can't play it but I'd at least like the ability to buy it in my region.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
to bad this will never work, NoA stopped listening to it's main user base years ago.

Probably because their main user base is not the "main user base" they had last generation. Nowadays there's little point to sell games aimed at the "hardcore" crowd because they're hard (or impossible) to market to the casual crowd who buys the majority of their games.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
to bad this will never work, NoA started listening to only Reggie years ago.

I fixed it for you
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr Eggman said:
*cough* Mother fans Mother 3 *cough cough*

25,000 signatures, a book, and a FULL Fan translation later, here we are! With... nothing accomplished.

NoA doesn't listen to anyone >_>.

Having 25,000 say they'd buy it is far from compelling evidence to localize it. I'm not a fan of the lack of localizations but I'm not gonna get on NoA's case about it when the games that we want and they won't localize clearly won't fit their broad market.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really hope those games will be released for NA, it's unfair for all wii RPG lovers.
Xenoblade got very good review and deserve to be released everywhere!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I really want to try this, but I'd rather not have my 60 dollars at risk. I know that they don't charge until the game ships, but... In the case that it does, I'd rather not waste that much money.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Dr Eggman said:
*cough* Mother fans Mother 3 *cough cough*

30,000 signatures, a book, and a FULL Fan translation later, here we are! With... nothing accomplished.

NoA doesn't listen to anyone >_>.

AGREED. Not to mention they troll us CONSTANTLY with references to MOTHER in Nintendo Power, every year, and every time there is a "Most wanted VC" list... COME ON NINTENDO!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq3a6R4m5Rg[/youtube]

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing will happen, I'm pretty sure that NoA gets off on disappointment.

This will just prompt more people to hack their Wii's, which will give them the present option of piracy. Ultimately hurting sales of other games that are released in America.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the worst part is that they're already going to translate the games to the necessary languages if they are releasing them in Europe, but they're just dick-ish enough not to ship it to North America. It's not like Mother 3 where it was only released in Japan and therefore would need a complete translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-