War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So how many of you are enjoying it so far? Personally, I love it. The monster system isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It kinda reminds me of Lost Magic. The missions are pretty fun, the story line isn't bad either.

I'm only on Chapter 3, very beginning. However, it's because I've been training a lot.

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
currently, i'm enjoying it. My save got corrupted though and I had to start over, thankfully I wasn't too far in.

It's much better than I expected

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Aw, that sucks. Yeah, I actually didn't expect it to be that good. I'm not that satisfied with the monster system though. I really don't enjoy having to use that many monsters at the same time.

Not only that, but the AI is HORRIBLE. If there's even a SMALL wall of allies in front of another one that I just sent to attack and enemy, he will literally just ram into the wall continuously.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm lovin' the game, though i certainly wasn't expecting to.

i'm about where you r, and have also been doing a bit of grinding -- the game kinda forces you to -- but i love it.

i wouldn't compare it to lostmagic though. no offense, but lostmagic's interface and ai were both far inferior to revenant wings. the gameplay in rw might be rather simplistic, but it's also a closer to the mark for a good rts on the ds...in my opinion.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm loving the game, I think I'm near the end of chapter 6.
Been doing all the sidequests, I'm a completionist so I'd hate to miss a quest permanently.

Pro-tip? Always take advantage of elements when possible and get forged weapons with High Quality materials. It makes a HUGE difference.

Joboman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow, this game rocks. I'm at 48% on Chapter 7. the most awesome rts yet, and the sprites and graphics are really nice, reminds me of RO.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i'm lovin' the game, though i certainly wasn't expecting to.

i'm about where you r, and have also been doing a bit of grinding -- the game kinda forces you to -- but i love it.

i wouldn't compare it to lostmagic though. no offense, but lostmagic's interface and ai were both far inferior to revenant wings. the gameplay in rw might be rather simplistic, but it's also a closer to the mark for a good rts on the ds...in my opinion.
The only thing I meant was similar was the whole having a lot of monsters with you thing.

Flozem

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I love it - despite the engine being a bit slow, it still keeps me playing. Contrary to the heroes of mana release with the same engine. I think somehow the storyline and cutscenes make it more enjoyable to me.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, speaking of the slow engine, I always notice a slight lag at the beginning of each battle.
I noticed a bit of slowdown too...

Off topic: I like the new avatar Warcueid!
smile.gif

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thank you very much, guys ^ ^.

By the way... I was wondering... for anyone that has beaten the game or gotten really far...
Do you get to use summonings later on? Not like the crappy esper monsters, but like... actual summonings from the other games, such as Bahamut, Odin, Shiva, etc etc.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, guys ^Â ^.

By the way... I was wondering... for anyone that has beaten the game or gotten really far...
Do you get to use summonings later on? Not like the crappy esper monsters, but like... actual summonings from the other games, such as Bahamut, Odin, Shiva, etc etc.

Haha, where's a Warcueid is a cutie topic when you need one?

To answer your question, from what I remember of the japanese release you don't get to actually summon Bahamut, Odin, or any other infamous summon...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
This gamee's awesome, I love the whole summoning thing and even though it's an RTS it still feels like FFXII. But I wish the character models weren't sprites..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)