Hacking "The file sound.bin can not be compressed LZ77."

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why can't sound.bin be compressed? It's the only thing stopping me from having a near-proffesional Earthbound Zero Wad.
frown.gif
If it cant be fixed than damn..

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So am I pretty much screwed for trying it that way? Is there a way to decompress the sound.bin?

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few things.... first of all... STOP MAKING A MILLION TOPICS!

Secondly, STOP MAKING A MILLION TOPICS!

Thirdly, If someone helps you, you can at least say if the solution worked, so that others having a similar issue can check to see if it is a solution.

Lastly, be more specific on your problem. What tool are you using? If its command line based, what was the execute string? BE SPECIFIC!

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I already replied, And secondly, I downloaded a Sound.bin that he made, and it seems to work, all but the Wad packer doesntr seem to be creating an Out.wad... I'm using the tools provided in Sperions tut.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91206

There are 'official' sound.bins in the above thread which you can insert into 00.app

Official Startup Sound VC Channel Final Ver. 6B
Bitrate: 22050 hz
Length: 5.002 secs
Filesize: 430KB

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bid48l

QUOTE said:
Use u8extr.exe and navigate to 00.app.
Once successfully extracted
Launch u8packer and navigate to the banner.bin in the new folder the contents of the 00.app was extracted to
Check the 2nd option (u8 firmware with md5) and save the banner.bin (overwrite it)
Repeat the steps for the icon.bin
Now open up the 00.app and click on the banner.bin and click add file - locate the banner.bin you just saved and overwrite the one in the 00.app
Do the same for the icon.bin
If you downloaded the sound.bin from the first page of this thread you just overwrite the one in the 00.app
Now click on the 4th option (u8 with banner info and md5) - enter the name of the game and save (overwrite 00.app)
Then just repack the wad.

Try the above method.

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, i've fixed the problem, but now when I install it, it doesnt show up on the wii system menu, and is listed as "???" On the memory screen, help?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeithNJ said:
Thanks, i've fixed the problem, but now when I install it, it doesnt show up on the wii system menu, and is listed as "???" On the memory screen, help?

your still compressing LZ77 the sound file, idk why it wont let you, but if you use fissions sound.bin it works perfect. ive tried this several times myslelf in the interest of wii memory space. use fissions sound file it works perfectly

KeithNJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've swapped the Banner.Blyrt from the Kirby's adventure to my Earthbound Zero wad, yet it still isnt working! what could be wrong?

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why dont you try this:

Inject EB0 into Kirby with autoinjectuwad.

Install, test to see if it works. If it does, uninstall.

Unpack injected wad and throw in the new banner. The sound should be the same.

Done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock