The Eye Of Typhoon [Tsunami Edition / Saiki]

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ozzyOuzo, I just now heard about this port. Congratulations. I read that you have created other versions for consoles and android devices. I was wondering if you could also convert it for NeoDS, Neo Geo emulator for Nintendo DS fat/ lite. I tried the version for the almost namesake NeoSD (famous flashcart for Neo Geo console), also in .neo format, but it doesn't work; I don't know if it's because of lack of bios inside the rom or because it has nothing in common except the file extension (.neo). NeoDS, although quite dated, is still very much appreciated and used nowadays.
I know it's been a long time since you've frequented these forums, but I hope you'll read here sooner or later. Thank you.

neobyteforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
like most NeoGeo emulators out there , emulating a new rom/game requires to update emulator's code with the corresponding ROM layout. For Instance and for the Eye Of Typhoon in particular the layout is publicly avilable from Mame and it is described into Mame directory/hash/neogeo.xml .. So what you have to do is it to contact the authors of the emulator to use these informations and make their software compatible with teot rom.

Hope this helps. ;-)

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
like most NeoGeo emulators out there , emulating a new rom/game requires to update emulator's code with the corresponding ROM layout. For Instance and for the Eye Of Typhoon in particular the layout is publicly avilable from Mame and it is described into Mame directory/hash/neogeo.xml .. So what you have to do is it to contact the authors of the emulator to use these informations and make their software compatible with teot rom.

Hope this helps. ;-)
Hmm.. So you are the same age as the author of this port, and you responded in his stead: something tells me you are the same person, or am I wrong? 😉 Had you perhaps forgotten the password of the previous account and registered again? Hehehe...
Anyway, unfortunately other users have recently tried in vain to contact the author of NeoDS but he is now unavailable, and officially considered M.I.A. 🤣
But I had an idea. This game was produced by the same software house as Fight Fever, if I'm not mistaken, and is very similar. What if I try to change the name of the files inside the archive, so that the name matches that of the Fight Fever files, so that the conversion tool would recognize it as the latter and set similar emulator features?
Of course, this is beginner's nonsense, but I am a simple gamer (as well as a philosopher), and I know nothing about programming. Anyway, welcome, and I hope you show up often among these forums with other interesting projects. 😉

Last edited by Nikokaro,

neobyteforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
hehe yeah Ozzy at the keys ^^ your idea will not work coz teot is a fan made project and has been written from scracth like a brand new game , we had just ripp off assets from here and there.. Then if the neoDS project is no more supported you are out of luck :-/

• Haha
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hehe yeah Ozzy at the keys ^^ your idea will not work coz teot is a fan made project and has been written from scracth like a brand new game , we had just ripp off assets from here and there.. Then if the neoDS project is no more supported you are out of luck :-/
Hi chief. I just tried this port of yours on my dear, old PSP 3004, and it works great: colorful graphics and smooth gameplay, even too fast actually, so not very enjoyable. Is it possible to access the NeoGeo bios to lower the difficulty level? In addition to the three default continues, is it not possible to continue "inserting more coins" by pressing some buttons? Did you perhaps forget to implement this function? Will this beta version ever have an update? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...