the DSTWO preflashed thingie.. !?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by leonmagnus99, May 24, 2013.

1. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    guys i want to buy a dstwo soon cuz many ppl say its the best has the most updates and is reliable etc. my question is Where can i buy a preflashed one ? i do find sites but does that mean i have to pick a sdcard with it like a 2gb or 4gb etc. so that its preflashed ? or is it preflashed even without picking a sd card ?! isnt it stored on the sd card.. if they preflash it for me so i can directly play it on 5.1 FW 3DS ..!?

2. aalokishere

aalokishere GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2012
    Nepal
    yeah you can play it directly, as far as i know, the firmware is stored on the card itself not on the SD card.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  3. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    As far as I know, the kernel is stored on the flashcard itself, and the menu is stored on the SD card.
    The kernel is the important thing to update as it is the piece of soft/firmware that tricks the (3)DS into loading the card. So when you buy a pre-flashed card that is updated, you just have to copy the menu files to SD (and ROMs/homebrew) and you can start playing.

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  4. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    ^ can you link me to the Menu files of the DSTWO pls !? thanks

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  6. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    ^thx bro

7. clauspatrick

clauspatrick Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    preflashed that's to say you dont need another console to update your dstwo yourself, you just need download the latest firmware v1.12,then unzip it,open the folder and copy the root files into your micro sd card,then you can make your card work wel on 3ds v5.1.0-11. if you have micro sd card aready ,then you dont need buy it any more , if you dont have,then a micro sd card is necessary, you need it to store kernel firmware, games or E-book or movie and so on .

8. leonmagnus99
    OP

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    okay cool, my problem is the company here who orderes from N.America wont order the flashcards for me no matter what site i give them they either give me a msg, Unsafe Seller, or Unsafe Site. they order mostly from Amazon,Ebay. but the Dstwo isnt available on either of those.

9. spataroalan
    This message by spataroalan has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 4, 2013.
    May 28, 2013
  10. TattooDalton

TattooDalton Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2013
    United States
    I've been trying to find one of these for about 3 months but the only payment method i have is paypal I wish i could find a store or someone willing to get one for me and accept paypal as payment

11. Gabelvampir

Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Mar 17, 2009
    Gambia, The
    K-Town
    The problem is that Nintendo convinced PayPal that flash cards are bad/illegal and now PayPal freezes all accounts of shops that are known to sell flash cards.

Rydian likes this.