Hacking The Definitive R4/M3s Cheat Editor Tutorial / FAQ

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you add this to the M3 Slim Perfect card. I have one but do not know how to use it. It seems this question has never been answered by anybody.

thomasroberts6

Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic tutorial, Much better than the stupid R4 one.

Thanks so much!

I have made a usrcheat file with lots of good codes for PKMN Dimaond....

Shall i post it?

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thomasroberts. I am a PKMN diamon player too, i already have any cheats but please do post yours
biggrin.gif
thanks!

beasaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please help, I did everything u said and The bottom Y doesn't appear on my DS
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Also, I can't download the blank Cheat.dat

Captain N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an interesting problem. Has the Action Reply Code Manager been updated or something?

I am unable to double click on the game names or the cheats to get their actual game code or game id or cheat ids!

jessica101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 OS V1.08 from the official version began to point game R4 support functions databases and database users ordinary people support the government, the ordinary people editor for creating and editing user database They support user manual input, also supports the introduction of XML documents."

Clear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a little problem, I tried to edit the cheat database and and then saved it. But if I tried to open it with Cheat Code Editor again, the program crashes. IF I load the original file, it's fine.

Please help.

13ig13oom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to let you know...

1) you can change the text at the bottom of the screen of the User cheat by changing the string at the beginning of the file
2) you can have 2 sets of cheats for 1 game... the y button brings up the Cheat.dat version the other button(on the touch screen) brings up your cheats

skel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok first same problem as clear i edit the, well first ill say my reason for this i got pokemon platinum then patched it for some english but as i cant get some pokemon with the special event download items i want to use the encounter code to get them i would rather not just trade for them online but get them myself with the cheats for the event items so i found out the new game id after patch opened cheat database edited game id and saved put on ds then it gave me a cheat menu for pokemon pl but when i went on it instead of the cheat writing being dark and movable eg. i could look through the cheats available and select some to use they were light grey like the picture at the bottem of the first post and i couldnt activate ny or look through them for any game i went back on comp to check database and editor crashes pl help me fix this or explain why it wont work thx. only other thing i could think of is just to cheat on clean rom and save then copy the save and rename to the patched rom but i would like to avoid that if i could help it. thx for the software downloads and the new DAT file btw.

DSFan08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then, since I can't open up the ARCM US Codejunkies list. I used the Cheat Code Editor and opened/saved the .dat file that had a long list of codes, especially for Pokemon.

Anyways, I went and found the v.1.18 firmware/update from the Official site and copied or copied some files to the MicroSD 1Gig I have (I emptied the thing of all previous files). But I don't see any game listings or anything else besides the 3 menu option: Game/Media/Slot 1/2 thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Einzbern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to edit the cheat.dat and change/add/remove cheats directly on the R4 itself, instead of doing it on my PC?

In particular, I was interested in messing around with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I think it would be quite tedious if I wanted to say, find several different pokemon. Edit it on the PC to find one pokemon, find it, catch it, save, exit, Edit it again on the PC so I'll find another, and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro