Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have downloaded your files and will try with those as soon as i can. will report back to you. i am using mongoose on my pc which is less than 10 foot from my router. it is cabled (rj45 cable) wiiu is 4 foot from my router. that should be c lose enough to discount drop-off. i wd think????.

I just can speak for my setup.I use an ez Share WiFi SD Card with built-in webserver. It's in the TV's SD-Slot or sometimes directly in the SD-Slot of the Wii U, so the distance is just about 1 meter (approx. 3 feet) or a few Inches when inside the Wii U.

Cheers, CableLeecher

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cleared wiiu browser cache but still an issue, could it be the package used?

My sd card looks like this
wiiu\apps\sdloader_gx2\sdloader_gx2.elf
wiiu\games\my game name [gameid]

Do I also need to add caffeine or tecko elf files to the apps folder?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cleared wiiu browser cache but still an issue, could it be the package used?

My sd card looks like this
wiiu\apps\sdloader_gx2\sdloader_gx2.elf
wiiu\games\my game name [gameid]

Do I also need to add caffeine or tecko elf files to the apps folder?
If you mean the DefinitivePackage, then not to my knowledge. Hundreds of people have downloaded it and I've only heard of a handful having problems. Typically they are with Mongoose, if anything. You just have to be patient and persistent and keep doing the steps to try. No ELF files are required at all for the Kernel Exploit.

Make sure your SD card isn't named "wiiu"; apparently that can cause an issue (unless dimok has fixed it in GX2, I haven't tried).

@CableLeecher, are you going to make me actually download your package and compare files or will you tell me what your changes are?

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
finally got it to work using mongoose local hosted, pressed aio kernel exploit it restarted the browser then clicked on loadiine gx2 and it loaded it, do not get the icons for the game though (only tried Smash tennis) as i only have a 4gb SD card. Do i have to always load the kernel aio before loading loadiine gx2 everytime after a reboot?

Last edited by KingManu23,
Reactions: fiveighteen

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
finally got it to work using mongoose local hosted, pressed aio kernel exploit it restarted the browser then clicked on loadiine gx2 and it loaded it, do not get the icons for the game though (only tried Smash tennis) as i only have a 4gb SD card. Do i have to always load the kernel aio before loading loadiine gx2 everytime after a reboot?
well done you.....i succeeded for the first time tonight as well.....

Reactions: fiveighteen

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure more devs hangout in this thread than anywhere else so I would like to ask anyone that understands to contemplate the following with me, as crude as it's described......

"Drive key is located at offset 0x080, so if timed/crash "overflow" at offset 0x0c4 for 0x0000 (not 0xffff) key should be readable from memory as encryption is disabled. Firmware dump/flash to new replaceable drive and some fw modding of hardware thar can handle backups/burned media, should be possible? Sometimes we over complicate things when really we should be looking at that carrot swinging around infront of us...."

Sorry for the off topic post but really not sure where else to ask.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! The game icon and background is in the meta folder, so if you're missing that, you won't have the images. You can either do the AIO Kernel (and press B) and then launch Loadiine GX2, or just run Loadiine GX2 twice. It has the Kernel Exploit baked into it so that it actually does the exploit the first time ran (if it hasn't been done already) and then launches the app the second time. But yes, it must be done each time the Wii U is booted. If you quit a game and go back to the home menu, you can just re-enter Mii Maker and pick a new game though.

I'm pretty sure more devs hangout in this thread than anywhere else so I would like to ask anyone that understands to contemplate the following with me, as crude as it's described......

"Drive key is located at offset 0x080, so if timed/crash "overflow" at offset 0x0c4 for 0x0000 (not 0xffff) key should be readable from memory as encryption is disabled. Firmware dump/flash to new replaceable drive and some fw modding of hardware thar can handle backups/burned media, should be possible? Sometimes we over complicate things when really we should be looking at that carrot swinging around infront of us...."

Sorry for the off topic post but really not sure where else to ask.
I doubt most devs hang out here; it's mostly noobs trying to get their stuff set up the first time :) (or they just lurk here haha). I like the sound of it,, though I doubt it's that easy. I'd either make a new thread for it or post it in the Wii U Hacking & Homebrew thread.

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need the icon, covers to show up within loadiine if i am going to have multiple games on 1 SD. My game does not have meta.xml where it automatically searches the [gameid] and downloads the relevent cover from the site. I did not extract the game from wud as it already came in the code and contents format.

I checked this out:

You can find some xml compilations here:

But this contains only app.xml and cos.xml for compatibility and not to seek icons/covers.
Is there a section where i can download each meta.xml for each game and region?

Last edited by KingManu23,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need the icon, covers to show up within loadiine if i am going to have multiple games on 1 SD. My game does not have meta.xml where it automatically searches the [gameid] and downloads the relevent cover from the site. I did not extract the game from wud as it already came in the code and contents format.

I checked this out:

You can find some xml compilations here:

But this contains only app.xml and cos.xml for compatibility and not to seek icons/covers.
Is there a section where i can download each meta.xml for each game and region?
I believe if you download a game update, the meta folder is included (SOL if it doesn't have any updates). Try using JNUSTool to only grab the meta folders.

You can manually get the 3D covers from gametdb.com. Read the Loadiine GX2 thread about which folder to make/place them in.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the 1st of march. When did Hykem schedule to release the exploit, or did the date get moved?
It's not the end of the day yet :creep:
</hypetrain>

It got moved to "whenever it's finished" when Hykem expressed his disgust for haters and said he wasn't returning to GBATemp until it was complete. He also had some personal things come up. You can continue to watch his progress on WiiUBrew as he documents more system information.

Do not turn this thread into an opinion and/or hate thread.

Reactions: ViolentRockstar

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry but i can't find the correct thread or an editable datasheet. So i have an SSBU EUR disc and it's Made in Japan also this is an Bundle Pack Version Art.Nr: 2324331T / on the front of the disc 041427 / and another numbers V-1404738 and it's doesn't want upgrade my system and i'm on 5.3.2 E so it's definetly not have 5.4.0 update on it. @fiveighteen please merge this to a proper forum or datasheet if you can. Thank you!

underdog1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys, my Wii U want to play the Mp4 Videos on Wiiubru.com and doesnt patch the Kernel for open Loadiine. It has workes before i tested my first Game, but i do one more Game to test on SD Card and now i tried it 7 times and always my Gamepad want to play this Mp4 File on Loadiine Kernel instead of flash it to open the Loadiine :/ What i make wrong or what i can do? Ive tried to open another Apps but it always freeze now, with or without SD Card, with or without Game inside. (not SSB, i havnt it) But once it works. Im at 5.4.0E and a noob terms Wii U.

Last edited by underdog1992,

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so what I wanna know is if I should use the TubeHax thing since it seems like Nintendo Auto Updates the console a lot. I mean, I guess I should use it? Also, the Hyrule Warriors section in TCP Gecko was a little vague, but can someone tell me what exactly I could do with Gecko when it comes to Hyrule Warriors?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but i can't find the correct thread or an editable datasheet. So i have an SSBU EUR disc and it's Made in Japan also this is an Bundle Pack Version Art.Nr: 2324331T / on the front of the disc 041427 / and another numbers V-1404738 and it's doesn't want upgrade my system and i'm on 5.3.2 E so it's definetly not have 5.4.0 update on it. @fiveighteen please merge this to a proper forum or datasheet if you can. Thank you!
Could you confirm below and find the missing information?

Case: WUP P AXFP 2324331T Made in Japan
Disc Top: WUP-P-AXFP-EUR-0 Model No. WUP-006 (EUR)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFP ?? ??? S0 (POSSIBLY 00 JPN)
Firmware: 5.3.2

Hey so what I wanna know is if I should use the TubeHax thing since it seems like Nintendo Auto Updates the console a lot. I mean, I guess I should use it? Also, the Hyrule Warriors section in TCP Gecko was a little vague, but can someone tell me what exactly I could do with Gecko when it comes to Hyrule Warriors?
Absolutely use TubeHax DNS. With TCP Gecko you can either dump files to your PC, or poke values into RAM for finding/using cheats (there's a thread with known values).

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFP-00 JPN S0
Firmware: 5.3.2 - i don't know but if it has 5.3.2 thats good.

Last edited by Cava,

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Absolutely use TubeHax DNS. With TCP Gecko you can either dump files to your PC, or poke values into RAM for finding/using cheats (there's a thread with known values).

Oh okay, I see what you mean, so there is a thread for it. Well, I guess I will do that and hopefully the Tube DNS works. Does it prevent me from ever going online again or does it only kick me off the shop and youtube and stuff, cause I would need the internet browser to access these hacks.

FlashBangGamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'm wondering is when they plan on patching the Wii U again, I hope they don't patch it before this new update comes out, cause from the sounds of it, it sounds like they are almost done with it, but that's just speculation and if they aren't done, then I will patiently wait. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo