The Cyanogenmod Circlejerk

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This project kinda gave me a chuckle. It's rather hypocritical. They have a retarded module installed that checks for APKs that enable piracy and blocks the installation of them, yet they have a built in ad blocker. I seriously hope I'm not the only one that finds this hilariously ironic. Also, the module can be circumvented by either modifying settings.apk or renaming the infringing package name since it goes by a hardcoded list of names rather than using something smart like heuristics.
Really? Never said I used it, just tried it out and left it on my multiboot menu. Though, after reading this, I guess it's time to get rid of it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? Never said I used it, just tried it out and left it on my multiboot menu. Though, after reading this, I guess it's time to get rid of it.
Yeah. Try installing Lucky Patcher if you care enough. Though the developer constantly changes the package name for this exact reason, so the latest version might get around the check. Regardless, denying piracy and ad revenue at the same time is really bad for one's PR image, heh.

Reactions: SomeGamer

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fixed it and facepalmed so hard i fractured my skull.
i reinstalled the cm13 nightly so it boots (not with gapps, because it doesnt work. "setup has crashed"). i spent most of my day trying to fix this, injecting titanium backup to /system, installing it via a file manager, installing via twrp. nothing worked because i was missing the google package installer (in gapps). after a very long time i remembered i had ADB installed on this PC. installed in a few seconds and BAM! TiBu works! i had even been flashing stock images with Fastboot, so i dont know why i didnt think of this before

Reactions: nxwing and Sono

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
@Davidosky99: do you have the Cyanogenmod source downloaded? If not, then I'll try to compile it for myself, because I can't wait :P
Well right now no, because I'm running windows +Kali :( . but try for yourself its a fun experience. If you can't I may try to do it ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A universal Cyanogenmod installer app would be better due to it being able to see your hardware
It exists but only for a certain number of devices

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well right now no, because I'm running windows +Kali :( . but try for yourself its a fun experience. If you can't I may try to do it ;)

Have you ever compiled CM before? What are your specs? And how long did it take? I have a feeling, that it's gonna take me ~2days to compile it >.<

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Have you ever compiled CM before? What are your specs? And how long did it take? I have a feeling, that it's gonna take me ~2days to compile it >.<
I compiled for various models which weren't officially supported . some huawei devices wiko devices (micromax rebranded) and zte devices. I have a 1/2 mb/s connection and an i5 laptop (and an i7 desktop) and with both it took about one day(a night to download the source and the device specific sources) and about 4 hours to compile

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I compiled for various models which weren't officially supported . some huawei devices wiko devices (micromax rebranded) and zte devices. I have a 1/2 mb/s connection and an i5 laptop (and an i7 desktop) and with both it took about one day(a night to download the source and the device specific sources) and about 4 hours to compile

So that means, that the compiling alone will take ~1day to compile :P Meh...

And do you know how to downport/downgrde to an older Android version? I want to downgrade my Wiko Highway Signs from 4.4.2 to 2.3.x :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==