Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theconduit2.jpg

A screen from the 'The Conduit', released on the Nintendo Wii.

QUOTE said:
When Gamereactor paid a visit to the High Voltage Software at this year's GDC we noticed a poster with in the same art style as The Conduit sporting an enormous 2 in the middle of it.

When asked about it, High Voltage chief creative officer, Eric Nofsinger, replied:

This is an ad:

"We're very excited about it, the first one was great, but this is something much better."

When asked if it would be formally announced at E3, Nofsinger hinted that the announcement would be made sooner and that perhaps we would get to do more than just see it at E3. A playable The Conduit 2 in Los Angeles this June sounds like a distinct possibility.

Nofsinger did not divulge any details on the sequel to the Wii exclusive shooter that was published by Sega last summer.

News Source: GameReactor

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HVS talked alot about pushing the Wii to its limits, making hardcore Wii games, in the lead up to The Conduit. I was a bit disappointed in it, it was pretty average all round except the controls were done well. Now they have seem to have moved on to making generic xbox 360 games.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello we are HVS, instead of working on one game to ensure quality we work on loads at the same time to ensure mediocrity.

Not fussed about a sequel, The Grinder was a more interesting way to go and even that looks shitcanned on the Wii. To be honest the likes of The Conduit can't compete against Red Steel 2 or even a downgraded Call of Duty game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked The Conduit. I own a legit version of it and had a lot of fun with it. It definitely had some issues though, hopefully those of which can be ironed out in the sequel. I'm surprised they'd even pursue a sequel though, seeing as the first one didn't sell too hot.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! First game was alright. I remember pirating it, and loving it so much, went out and bought a real copy. It was a really great and needed game for the Wii last year. It's what practically saved my Wii from being dead. But since the first Conduit was a long time ago, my Wii now sits again unplayed. But of course this and Super Mario Galaxy 2 will change all that.

Can't wait! Hope it gets released in the summer sometime.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HVS admitted that it was generic and that they spent most of the time getting it to look good and play good. Now that is out of the way they can concentrate on making it more than just another shooter.

They have less of a hurdle to over come then the Red Steel devs had and they seemed to have done well.

gg31337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, for those who want to know more, check out the full 8 pages worth of information on the conduit 2 Here. There are screenshots as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!