Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
HOLY **** ! xD
This is gonna cost me around $60 shipping
ohmy.gif
tongue.gif

Does it really take a giant crate to fit A DSlite-sized console, a charging dock, 6 paper cards, a cable and instructions?

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome but unfortunately, fake.
it was made by a deveant art user
i doubt it would happen for a long time
like 1 year after ocrina release
im sure a new zelda would be with it

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this topic deserves a poll titled: "How many of you actually keep your boxes?"

I do, because I'm a collector, but every single handheld sold back at my work is missing the box. This shows that most people don't hold onto packaging. So maybe there should be a second poll question here:

Does the product packaging actually influence your purchasing decision?

I doubt it, since my purchasing decision is based on the product itself. Seriously, I'm going to buy the 3DS no matter what, even if it was packed in a brown paper lunch sack with a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, and a HI-C juice box.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sixteenbuttons said:
anyone notice the warning that says that parts of the screen "may not light up, or may always be lit"..? WTF?
They're referring to "stuck" or "dead" pixels, which I really hope the 3DS doesn't suffer from. I have the worst luck with getting new LCD devices, only to find bright stuck pixels right in the center viewing field of the screen. Even worse, depending on where you bought it from, they'll only exchange it if you have 5 or more, and if they're in the center of the screen. Trust me, nothing will take you out of the 3D experience more than a bright green pixel that your eyes constantly wander to.

The disclaimer on the box makes me worry that Nintendo is already experiencing this problem in the handheld, otherwise they wouldn't bother putting an explanation on the box.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sixteenbuttons said:
anyone notice the warning that says that parts of the screen "may not light up, or may always be lit"..? WTF?
I thought this was talking about the power-saving Active Backlight feature. (where black parts of the display won't get illuminated to save battery)
It'd be scary if it were referring the dead pixels. I haven't heard of any reports from people who tried out the 3DS about this issue, but it's possible Nintendo just selected the 3DS's with perfect screens to demo.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02/3...ntally_friendly

Game cases for the original Nintendo DS were made from black or clear plastic, depending which region you purchased the game in. With the 3DS, these box trims are now white.

The actual 3DS logo is now on the right-hand side of the cover opposite the spine, both of which bear resemblance to the classic DS design.

3DS cases are slimmer and lighter, weighing 15% less than their elder brethren. Once opened, you will see a number of holes cut from the box surface which is said to make them cheaper and more environmentally friendly to produce.

Possibly due to the cases being thinner, they are reportedly harder to open. One could interpret this as Nintendo trying to tone down the accessibility of the 3DS.

largeq.jpg
fullofholesarticleimage.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hopefully your not like south of Tampa they got flooding