The BIG Skyrim Thread

Which platform will you get this game for?

• PC

Votes: 94 57.3%

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • PS3

Votes: 31 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Gotcha, thanks!
One question though, is it possible to be some kind of combo of a magician, sneaky thief/assassin and an archer?
If so, which race would be best suited for these?
I don't mind Orc's, but uh, they look kinda weird to me

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Race defines what levels your skills start at, and not much else besides what people call you, and racial abilities.

I started as a redguard and I primarily use magic in my left hand and a sword in my right, with heavy armor. My friend was a mage/thief/archer mix. I forget what race he chose...but it doesn't matter. Each race has a racial ability, orcs are one of the only useful ones if I recall correctly. Makes them super strong temporarily once a day. But racial abilities are kind of forgotten after a while.

I'd go with whatever is most cosmetically pleasing to you, tbh. Might be a little harder to start training a skill, but it wouldn't take long to train it up.

EDIT: and really make sure to use those guardian stones. I forgot, and I probably missed out on dozens of skill-level ups because of it. Each stone provides a 25% experience boost to 1/3 of the skills. Can only use one at a time of course, so choose wisely.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I have finished the Stormcloak quest line, well fuck me that was amazing. It's probably the part I loved the most so far.
so far I've done:
- the Thieves guild questline
- the Stormcloak questline
- about half of the main questline
- other random quests
- my character is a lvl 39 nord, thief/warrior (sneak 100, archery 100, one-handed 90, etc.)

- my current game is 70 hours long so far, I'll probably be playing a lot longer
- once I've completed the game as far as possible, I'll probably start over and use magic.
- one of the things I spend most of my time doing is locating shouts and retrieving them.

I absolutely loved the Stormcloak questline.
Invading cities was awesome, especially the first time with Whiterun. Thrilling !

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I did about 1/4 of the main quest line, finished the Thieves Guild up to the point of what I assume to be the final quest, getting rid of the skeleton key...but it's awesome so I decided to ditch the quest and keep it.

Finished the College Questline which was also pretty awesome. One of the bosses really kicked my ass though. I had to fight like a coward for 15 minutes to beat it.

I got to level 47.

Probably going for the Dark Brotherhood when I start playing again, then Stormcloaks.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty much. The questline is somewhat short, but it's awesome all the same.

Though I use my College room as a storage room, and that damn place is literally a dragon magnet. Almost every time I visit there, there's a dragon waiting for me.

Pretty humorous though. Once, an Elder dragon came after me, but got bored and flew over to the nearby town I forgot the name of.
Sat in the middle of town and basically just ate every person it could find. It was hilarious. Didn't give a shit about me, even when I started chucking fireballs at it. It just sat there eating people.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Race defines what levels your skills start at, and not much else besides what people call you, and racial abilities.

I started as a redguard and I primarily use magic in my left hand and a sword in my right, with heavy armor. My friend was a mage/thief/archer mix. I forget what race he chose...but it doesn't matter. Each race has a racial ability, orcs are one of the only useful ones if I recall correctly. Makes them super strong temporarily once a day. But racial abilities are kind of forgotten after a while.

I'd go with whatever is most cosmetically pleasing to you, tbh. Might be a little harder to start training a skill, but it wouldn't take long to train it up.

EDIT: and really make sure to use those guardian stones. I forgot, and I probably missed out on dozens of skill-level ups because of it. Each stone provides a 25% experience boost to 1/3 of the skills. Can only use one at a time of course, so choose wisely.
True, but I've just turned up the difficulty a bit and now I really need them. Just used it to battle 5 Draugr Deathlords at the same time, incredibly handy. I doubt there are better racial powers than the Orc.
You can customize the characters head to an incredible extent, so looks aren't really that important. Next to that is the fact that you're always wearing armour, you hardly see your character at any time.

I have finished the Stormcloak quest line, well fuck me that was amazing. It's probably the part I loved the most so far.
so far I've done:
- the Thieves guild questline
- the Stormcloak questline
- about half of the main questline
- other random quests
- my character is a lvl 39 nord, thief/warrior (sneak 100, archery 100, one-handed 90, etc.)

- my current game is 70 hours long so far, I'll probably be playing a lot longer
- once I've completed the game as far as possible, I'll probably start over and use magic.
- one of the things I spend most of my time doing is locating shouts and retrieving them.

I absolutely loved the Stormcloak questline.
Invading cities was awesome, especially the first time with Whiterun. Thrilling !
70 hours already?! Don't you have work to do or something, damn that's a lot, I've got it too though, but I just have to go to school :)
I've played for 75 hours now, level 51 Orc, Thief/Warrior, starting to use magic. I've done almost nothing of the Main Quest, or any other questline :P I basically do whatever I please to do.
I have over 200k cash at the moment, that's where most of my time went to, scavenging and selling shit, I love it :)
I think I did about 1/4 of the main quest line, finished the Thieves Guild up to the point of what I assume to be the final quest, getting rid of the skeleton key...but it's awesome so I decided to ditch the quest and keep it.

Finished the College Questline which was also pretty awesome. One of the bosses really kicked my ass though. I had to fight like a coward for 15 minutes to beat it.

I got to level 47.

Probably going for the Dark Brotherhood when I start playing again, then Stormcloaks.
Nice move with that Skeleton key :)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I didn't bother with the skeleton key. Lockpicking is incredibly easy to me anyway (and even at a low level of lockpicking). I have never used any perk for lockpicking, it's just way too easy. But on the other hand, I like picking locks.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't bother with the skeleton key. Lockpicking is incredibly easy to me anyway (and even at a low level of lockpicking). I have never used any perk for lockpicking, it's just way too easy. But on the other hand, I like picking locks.

It's easy, but this just makes it ludicrously easy, master lock or not, lol.
Reading into it and finishing the quest wasn't that rewarding anyway.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
We’re also planning on rolling out support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware) next week for our PC users. Stay tuned!
I got most of those bugs (like the books issue and the dragon animation), and I have a Core2 Duo, so optimizations are always welcome :P

I cannot wait for the 4GB patch. I'm using the unofficial one and it works like a charm (sped up my game massively) :P

Question, which update should i use? All three, or just the latest?
Usually you just apply the latest.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

It's easy, but this just makes it ludicrously easy, master lock or not, lol.
Reading into it and finishing the quest wasn't that rewarding anyway.
Same here, lockpicking is already incredibly easy, I have over 100 lockpicks anyway (all found on bandits/stolen), I never ever have to buy any.

Reactions: 1 person

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Uh, the game should be able to run on high-medium, but i get recommended low.
Tried looking up requirements, and i think i meet them all.
I haven't installed any mods, only applied the 1.3 update.
This is the laptop i am using:
http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5116525
Check that for specifications.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uh, the game should be able to run on high-medium, but i get recommended low.
Tried looking up requirements, and i think i meet them all.
I haven't installed any mods, only applied the 1.3 update.
This is the laptop i am using:
http://www8.hp.com/e...tml?oid=5116525
Check that for specifications.
Did the same thing with me, but I can run it fine at Ultra B-) Just set the settings to High/Ultra and see how your laptop performs, if the FPS is bearable, keep those settings, else lower it.
Don't listen too much to installers.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Guess that sounded confusing, what i meant was that i have two graphic cards.
One is the Intel HD Graphics, the other is AMD Radeon 6770M or something(Check in the link above)
Turns out all i needed to do was assign AMD to Skyrim, and now it runs perfectly :3
Sorry for the confusion :C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: