The BIG Football Thread

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar is correct, you require a minimum of 8 homegrown players (trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system) submitted in the 25 man squad to be able to compete in the EPL and Champions league. Also, Rodwell does have potential and with the correct nurturing and game time, he would develop is a great player, however with the current City midfield, I really dont see him getting much game time.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar is correct, you require a minimum of 8 homegrown players (trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system) submitted in the 25 man squad to be able to compete in the EPL and Champions league. Also, Rodwell does have potential and with the correct nurturing and game time, he would develop is a great player, however with the current City midfield, I really dont see him getting much game time.
Well 25-8=17 and its 17 foreign players so I guess its the same rule.
He'll get playing time.
Barry and Toure will start.He and De Jong will rotate when Barry or Toure need rest and to keep them fresh for a run in europe.
He wont be a regular starter but to say he won't be getting enough to develop seems wrong.
Unless he goes Dzeko and then he's a waste.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think poor Wenger has just gotten too stale. They need a change of manager in there to freshen things up but I think RVP to Man U is a good move. Has it actually happened yet or is it still speculation/talks on-going?

I still feel United need a couple more big signings (**nods to Flame**) to be sure the runaway cash train that is City can be caught, they still have a strong squad. That being said, I do think Utd will win it back!

I'm still laughing at Rangers for the time being tho!! :rofl2:

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think poor Wenger has just gotten too stale. They need a change of manager in there to freshen things up but I think RVP to Man U is a good move. Has it actually happened yet or is it still speculation/talks on-going?

I still feel United need a couple more big signings (**nods to Flame**) to be sure the runaway cash train that is City can be caught, they still have a strong squad. That being said, I do think Utd will win it back!

I'm still laughing at Rangers for the time being tho!!

Just asking how is the finance of celtic? If it happened to rangers same thing could happen to you. If the finances are good, then I think Celtic will win the league for the next 30 year's.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I'm still laughing at Rangers for the time being tho!!

Just asking how is the finance of celtic? If it happened to rangers same thing could happen to you. If the finances are good, then I think Celtic will win the league for the next 30 year's.

Rangers' problems were down to very questionable financial decisions. HR Revenue and Customs had an issue regarding the unpaid tax Rangers with PAYE and VAT if memory serves me correct. David Murray had left Rangers in a horrible position and selling the club to Craig Whyte, who is a complete vulture. Rangers' liquidation was ultimately down to absolutely abhorrent financial management and unethical (and possibly illegal) behavior. You cant' really think because it happened to Rangers it could happen to Celtic. Rangers are an isolated case. They're up there with Portsmouth as case studies in financial mismanagement.

If you think Celtic will have a hold on the SPL title for next thirty years I think you're being somewhat naive. Rangers within four years will be back in the SPL and building a title winning squad wouldn't be a problem for them. Liquidation of the old Rangers put The Rangers in a decent financial position as they can just start again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rangers win a title to two within the decade.

CAN YOU GUESS I TAKE AN INTEREST IN FOOTBALL FINANCES?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
arsenal fans is the red head(Scott Tenorman) and I'm Cartman

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I honestly think this RvP to Man Utd deal worked out better for Arsenal. Of course he was their best player last season, but looking at how old he is and his injury record, I'd say it's better for Arsenal. Now maybe they can improve their style of play and not focus on giving one man the ball.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: