The BIG Football Thread

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I honestly think this RvP to Man Utd deal worked out better for Arsenal. Of course he was their best player last season, but looking at how old he is and his injury record, I'd say it's better for Arsenal. Now maybe they can improve their style of play and not focus on giving one man the ball.

for the last 7 years or so they top players leave to move to another club, I think its about time arsenal fans realised that they need to stop being bitter and understand that arsenal try to do they minimum to enter CL. i think you have a point but, i love seeing how bitter the arsenal fans are becoming.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least Arsenal have a sustainable business model.

Yeah business, wheres the fun in that.

It means there's always going to be a club.

Take it from someone whose their club nearly go out of existance, I much rather my club be run well than chasing the dream using money that isn't ours.

The Arsenal model is pretty amazing, the fact they still qualify for the CL despite their rivals being able to spend obscene amounts of money is impressive. Especially when looking at their net spend. When the FFP comes in, hopefully Arsenal will be able to challenge again and we see the fall of nouveau rich clubs.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I agree with that. Despite not winning trophies, they somehow keep a constant top four finish when everyone doubts they would. When Fabregas left, everyone said theiy wouldn't stay in top four, they proved everyone wrong. When Nasri left, same thing but the somehow pulled it off. Now RvP is leaving and I have a feeling they're going to win something.

Which is why Rodgers is getting more respect from me. Liverpool hasn't broken the bank this time... I hope. With the exception of Allen's price tag,(not sure if it's too high or too low, time will tell) I think he's done some good business so far. Borini and Assaidi for 14 or 15mil? 30 mil for 3 players and we might get Tello and Sahin on loan. All could end up being failures, but I guess we won't know until the season is started.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least Arsenal have a sustainable business model.

Yeah business, wheres the fun in that.

It means there's always going to be a club.

Take it from someone whose their club nearly go out of existance, I much rather my club be run well than chasing the dream using money that isn't ours.

The Arsenal model is pretty amazing, the fact they still qualify for the CL despite their rivals being able to spend obscene amounts of money is impressive. Especially when looking at their net spend. When the FFP comes in, hopefully Arsenal will be able to challenge again and we see the fall of nouveau rich clubs.

you have a point, BUT i believe that when FFP comes in to place, Man United will do better than anyone else. the only thing im worried about Man United, is Sir Alex's age.

and i hope Sahin doesn’t go to Liverpool, i think his the bomb.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think Rodgers is limited by FSG at what he spends rather than himself being frugal.Liverpool wasted a lot of money under Dagleish, so I doubt they want to go through that again.

you have a point, BUT i believe that when FFP comes in to place, Man United will do better than anyone else. the only thing im worried about Man United, is Sir Alex's age.

The Glazers debt is going to play a huge role in Man United's success. I fancy Arsenal and Spuds to be the main beneficiaries of FFP. Both are run well.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Well it's still a good thing lol.

If Sahin is to join any English club, it's gonna be Liverpool. Even Murinho wants him there because he doesn't want to face him in Champions League. Though I admit I want Tello more than Sahin. And if by some miracle they decide to renew their interest in Honda, this would be a good transfer window.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If Sahin is to join any English club, it's gonna be Liverpool. Even Murinho wants him there because he doesn't want to face him in Champions League. Though I admit I want Tello more than Sahin. And if by some miracle they decide to renew their interest in Honda, this would be a good transfer window.

Personally I think Liverpool are at a handicap by still keeping Ian Ayre as MD. He's the guy running the club on a dad to day basis and responsible for transfer negotiations. I still can't believe we got £5 million for Rodgers. It was his release clause but the release clause is nominally used for negotiation. The same with Joe Allen, £15 million release clause, he rinse Liverpool for the entire £15 million. Borini, I'm stuck in the middle. He's a good player and he had a very good half season. But is a good half season worth £10 million?

Saying that I do want to see Rodgers and Liverpool fail because they've been twats over the Joe Allen transfer.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad

Personally I think Liverpool are at a handicap by still keeping Ian Ayre as MD. He's the guy running the club on a dad to day basis and responsible for transfer negotiations. I still can't believe we got £5 million for Rodgers. It was his release clause but the release clause is nominally used for negotiation. The same with Joe Allen, £15 million release clause, he rinse Liverpool for the entire £15 million. Borini, I'm stuck in the middle. He's a good player and he had a very good half season. But is a good half season worth £10 million?

Saying that I do want to see Rodgers and Liverpool fail because they've been twats over the Joe Allen transfer.

Yeah I agree with LFC being twats over the transfer. Personally, I wished they had respected the agreement that he wouldn't go after Swansea players befer the agreed time.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kyle Bartley has signed for Swansea.

I'm sure Arsenal fans are in bits now.

Yeah I agree with LFC being twats over the transfer. Personally, I wished they had respected the agreement that he wouldn't go after Swansea players befer the agreed time.

On the bright side, £15 million big ones for Joe Allen :lol: .
He's a good player but he isn't worth that much.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
3-0 to West Brom.... Lost Agger and have to play City next. Didn't expect this honestly, I had a feeling we might have lost, but by 1 goal. Again, failing to convert any of our chances, Suarez being the main culprit. Gerrard gave away possession way too much.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just back home.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I'm just back home.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Was wondering when you would show up :lol:

Swans fans must be pretty happy with today :(

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Don't worry, Liverpool can give us another couple of million for Laudrup after they sack Rodgers.

In all seriousness, I was pretty worried about today's game. QPR had been splashing the cash and we've spent most of the summer filling in the holes among the playing and coaching staff. QPR were the better team for the first thirty minutes, but after that we looked dominant. If there was one thing I was hoping for under Laudrup was for a liberation in the final third.Under Rodgers we were just too cautious and that resulted in a problem in scoring goals. Based off pre-season and today, Laudrup is looking to sort that out. Dyer and Roultedge were effective as fuck, Graham was unselfish as usual, De Guzman has some impressive set plays and Michu is already showing himself to be a great bargain (Gylfi who?). Whilst defensively we were good, Vorm was Vorm, Williams was solid, Chico is going to be hero and Leon was excellent.

What gives me great pleasure is that we might just about dispel the myth, that we were a shit team from South Wales who lump the ball. Until Rodgers came in and taught us how to pass. It got really nauseating how the majority of the press wrote us off after Rodgers left. Rodgers did a very good job but the whole crap about Swansea immediately turning to shit was ridiculous.

I'm not going to get carried away but I'm so pleased at how the team gelled.

And lastly...

michugif.gif

Reactions: 1 person

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't worry, Liverpool can give us another couple of million for Laudrup after they sack Rodgers.

In all seriousness, I was pretty worried about today's game. QPR had been splashing the cash and we've spent most of the summer filling in the holes among the playing and coaching staff. QPR were the better team for the first thirty minutes, but after that we looked dominant. If there was one thing I was hoping for under Laudrup was for a liberation in the final third.Under Rodgers we were just too cautious and that resulted in a problem in scoring goals. Based off pre-season and today, Laudrup is looking to sort that out. Dyer and Roultedge were effective as fuck, Graham was unselfish as usual, De Guzman has some impressive set plays and Michu is already showing himself to be a great bargain (Gylfi who?). Whilst defensively we were good, Vorm was Vorm, Williams was solid, Chico is going to be hero and Leon was excellent.

What gives me great pleasure is that we might just about dispel the myth, that we were a shit team from South Wales who lump the ball. Until Rodgers came in and taught us how to pass. It got really nauseating how the majority of the press wrote us off after Rodgers left. Rodgers did a very good job but the whole crap about Swansea immediately turning to shit was ridiculous.

I'm not going to get carried away but I'm so pleased at how the team gelled.

And lastly...

michugif.gif
Image is broken.
Didn't get to see it.

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest photos

Site & Scene News