Football / Soccer
The Football Group (aka. Soccer for those in North America)

people-1284253_960_720.jpg


Join in to talk about recent football events and football/soccer in general!
Everybody welcome, except if you hate the sport.
Football / Soccer
Football / Soccer

The BIG Football Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Satangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 458,164
  • Replies Replies 6,125
Satangel said:
Ferguson does it again! What a team, love it. Hopefully we win the CL this time against Barca, they've won it once against us, now it's our turn!
After seeing such a good attacking display from united so far.. I seriously want them to beat barcelona
 
Yes!!! United won!!! GGMU!!! 1 more point and then focus on the UCL Finals!!! Barcelona, be afraid... Be very afraid!!!
 
I wish I could get hold of a cheap ticket for the Champions League finals
tongue.gif
.
Oh well.. will be watching it in a big screen and/or around Wembly somewhere in a pub
tongue.gif
.
 
My predictions Man u will win the league today....woot woot!!!
Stoke to beat the Man City scum 2-1 and they score via a rory delap throw on.
Oh and Man u to win the champions league despite the odds not being in our favour i feel very optimistic about our chances especially since it's at Wembley.
 
tehnoobshow said:
My predictions Man u will win the league today....woot woot!!!
Stoke to beat the Man City scum 2-1 and they score via a rory delap throw on.
Oh and Man u to win the champions league despite the odds not being in our favour i feel very optimistic about our chances especially since it's at Wembley.

You sound like a typical United fan. (I'm not saying that you'll be wrong but it's all 'United to win and our rivals to lose' )
 
Funny seeing people from all over the world delighted that "their team" has won the most premier league titles. If Leeds had pushed on from their title win of 91 to win that many Premier League crowns in the Sky Sports era and Man U had suffered Leed's financial implosion instead then 90% of people on international forums would be going "Yay! We won the league again! Go Whites! Hope we can win the Soccer Grand Series against Barca too!" And most people wouldn't even know who Man United are, in the same way people probably think Nottingham Forest is where Robin Hood lives.

Of course 'your team' is the most successful when you choose your team based on success. It's meaningless, and it's counter productive. You may get the instant gratification of seeing 'your' team win the top honours, but you don't get to experience the real highs and (mostly) lows of actually following your local team through thick and thin no matter what. I bet the winners of the play off finals get more satisfaction from lifting that trophy than about 99.9% of Man U 'fans' would from a domestic/european double.

---

Anyway, on to more important matters, the mighty Whitley Bay won the FA Vase for an historic third time in a row this year, four times in total.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13399837

_52719538_bayvase.jpg


HOWAY THE BAY!
yay.gif
 
Rooney not learned anything from his ban, shouting 'fuck off' after scoring again
laugh.gif
.

Wonder if the press will be as appalled about vidic and drug-cheat Rio running the length of the pitch to intimidate officials as they were after El Classico... Probably not...

Anyway, delighted to see MicMac get one over on his old employers, unlucky mackems. Also, looks like West Ham are done. On the one hand they're a team with a good history and loyal fans. On the other, they can be a bunch of twats and should have gone down instead of Sheff U after the Tevez scandal, so good riddance.
 
BlueStar the thing about people choosing any team they want is starting to annoy me now every time you post it.I am in Canada who should I support in La Liga BBVA and the EPL?

We all are not lucky enough to be born in Europe and if I was I would easily have chosen my city as my team
 
Does football not exist in Canada? If you've got no connection to any English cities, watch PL games as a neutral. Or just be a Man U fan like every other plastic armchair glory hunter, but do so in the knowledge that there's no better way to draw scorn and eye rolls from fans of the game in England.
 
BlueStar said:
Does football not exist in Canada? If you've got no connection to any English cities, watch PL games as a neutral. Or just be a Man U fan like every other plastic armchair glory hunter, but do so in the knowledge that there's no better way to draw scorn and eye rolls from fans of the game in England.
It does exist but who wouldnt want to watch the big leagues like EPL and BBVA?Being a football fan for a long time, I sure would and the reason i choose my teams is only because of the players I never check if they won any titles or not.When I choose ManU they had Tevez, Ronaldo and Rooney which was pretty awesome.Tevez and Ronaldo left but im not a glory hunter so I stayed with United even then.As for Barca same shit, Madrid won more titles than Barca I just like the barca players more.
 
Gee, look at the sourfaced people. Hell, I chose which team to support based on my FIFA 03 game back in the GBA games. People always whine and say such judgmental and (pardon me) retarded stuff such as "gloryhunter" etc. You try staying up til 4 am just to watch a match live on TV for straight weeks (esp those UCL matches... damn), see which of us has more passion and dedication, yeah?

Anyway, just to get away from (and prob piss off) the sourgrapers. Woooooooooooooooooooot!!! 19 titles!!! GGMU!!! Go Red Devils!!! Keep it decent next week, then off to the UCL Final!!! Hell yeah!!!
 
You're not a glory hunter because you chose man u a few years ago when they were the best team in England and you're still with them now when they're winning the title again? And you claim to also support their Spanish rivals, and when you picked them they didn't win the league, they were only pretty much the biggest team in the world with nailed on trophies in the next few years? Wow, there's loyalty for you. Try supporting a team through relegation or bankruptcy and we'll talk. I manage to watch La Liga without trying to pretend to be a catalan. My team aren't in the champions league but I don't feel the need to adopt one to watch the competition. You've got much better ice hockey teams than we have, but I still support my local Whitley Warriors instead of pretending to care who wins in Canada.
 
If I was a glory hunter I would have left United after the 09-10 season since they lost the season, champions league and FA Cup?
 
LOL, this BS is borderline racism. Not English yet support an English team? Glory Hunter. Not Spanish yet support a Spanish team? Glory Hunter. I suppose if a person ever had the misfortune to be born in Antarctica, he'd only have penguins, seals and polar bears to cheer on without getting judged, huh?

Fuck offa your high chair, moron, football's a worldwide sport, get used to the idea. Now please bugger off and let us enjoy our team's victory, ayt?

Gee, these uptight Europeans, why are they so anal-retentive? We ain't hurting 'em any, now, were we? We was just cheering our teams on, I don't see no harm in that, now, right lad? Certainly no law that restricts my choices of teams to cheer on, yea?
 

Group statistics

Group owner:
Costello
Members:
42
Threads:
23
Messages:
1200
Photos:
0

Latest photos

Site & Scene News