The BIG Football Thread

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed. Woke up this morning to that same news and thought the exact the same thing.

Last season was different, this year he had a fresh start with a new manager who okay, many said he wouldn't fit into Ten Haags style but a player of that quality can never be underused. There's definitely an attitude problem, an ego problem, a personality problem or all of the above that's been evident since the start of the season.

I don't like to say it but he's now causing severe damage to the sqaud mentality with this shit now and it's just a big kid in a strop. Never seen Messi behave like this at all!!

Quite gutted really!

Reactions: Flame

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't watch. I've seen enough to know this isn't behaviour befitting a united player and that's enough for me. He may be Ronaldo but he's not bigger than the club and I'm happy with the memories of his first time as its over now.

I'm more concerned about the response from the club which has been very silent, maybe waiting till it had aired? Either way he's done.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im watching the Cristiano Ronaldo interview... man this mans head is so big. My 60” screen is struggling to fit his head in.
Some of the things he said seriously makes me think he is having some kind of mental health issue.

Reactions: Lostbhoy and Flame

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone in England seems to think so!!

Honestly, I'm shocked and feel for the guy. If I was a blue nose, its the board I'd be wanting out. Never gave the guy a chance and then sack him which will be very costly..... I cant see why or who is supposed to come in and do any better?

Honestly.... Shocked!

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone in England seems to think so!!

Honestly, I'm shocked and feel for the guy. If I was a blue nose, its the board I'd be wanting out. Never gave the guy a chance and then sack him which will be very costly..... I cant see why or who is supposed to come in and do any better?

Honestly.... Shocked!
Sure the board has a heck of a lot to answer for but on the flip side Gio got so much wrong this season .

1. Terrible choice of starting line up with our best players either on the bench or not even in the first team for most games.

2. Wrong tactics nearly every game and a complete lack of awareness that the tactics were not working and an unwillingness to change them mid game.

3. Wrong players brought in during the summer transfer period. Many of whom have hardly even played a game all season.

4. Not bringing in a top class keeper in the summer has totally backfired on him. Jon McLaughlin is fucking awful and would not even look good in the lower leagues. Shagger is no longer consistent enough to play every game.

5. Gio towards the end had clearly lost the locker room. Something he would never have got back.

He had to go.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But he's a nice guy.... I say give him his job back..... :evil:
Only if you guys get rid of Ange and hire John Barnes back as your manager :rofl2:
Post automatically merged:

Hey @Lostbhoy have you any thoughts on the four names Rangers have said are interviewing for the managers job. Here are mine

1. Kevin Muscat

After the disaster that was Ally and then Gio bringing ex players back as Manager clearly doesn't work out well for Rangers

2. Sean Dyche

Great manager but should only get the job if both of the below say no

3. Michael Beale

Tactical genius that most Gers fans want to be the next boss. As for me I wouldn't be overjoyed if he was given the position. There is something about him I really don't like and I have no idea why lol.

4. Steven Gerrard

Got nothing to say other than make it fucking happen Rangers.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
  • Haha

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get in! Here's hoping for a quick sale then as we will have plenty of suitors. :toot:

As for Ronaldo, I don't think we should have had to pay him anything if we sacked him as it's gross misconduct. He brought the club into disrepute, alienated himself from his only job and colleagues then mouthed off just to get his move. No payment required and I doubt he would have chased one either he was that desperate but na, good riddance. If Portugal win this WC he should just retire.

@AmandaRose

I see Muscats out the running but I think Dyche would be your best bet right now. Heaps of experience, teams have plenty of heart, would maybe require a Scottish assistant in Kevin Thomson who is no where fucking near the top job as some people I know think and want him lol but with knowledge of the game up here and of Rangers especially....That's your dream team.

Only stumbling block I can see is money.... both Dyches wages and what budget he's gonna get.

The hooha over Beale I don't really get. He's doing ok at QPR but lost top spot to 8th now or something? Imo he's not ready for the rangers job either...yet.. and you really need someone who knows what they're doing right now.

How long you think it will take tho?

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How long you think it will take tho?
I really don't know everything I read on the Internet contradicts itself lol. One site saying Rangers want someone in place by the weekend another saying they are in no rush to appoint someone. One site saying Kjetil Knutsen is favourite and he wants the job anter site saying he has no interest in the job ect ect.

Rangers should perhaps wait and see what managers at the world Cup end up out of a job.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sooooo.... Utd are looking at Jeremy Frimpong :wacko: hated him with Celtic. The guys pish.

Ten Haag is NOT the man to take us forward.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Soooo.. The Beale revolution started well.... Eventually?? How was it @AmandaRose?

Glad to have the season back although I feel our game will be off with all this weather!!
How was it you ask? Well Ibrox was bloody freezing lol and there was leaks all round the inside of the stadium as the water pipes had burst. It was especially bad at exit 39 (my exit) where there was a river of water coming from the ceiling above. All the toilets in the Govan stand were out of order so by the end of the game I was about to burst and still had a 45 mins drive home. I love my stadium but my god it's falling apart.

As for the game we were bloody awful the first half then Beale must have gave them a right old telling off and they came out the second half playing like we did a few seasons ago when we won the league :D

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: