The BIG Football Thread

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
So finally some news that Liverpool are trying to buy someone... and it seems like a good buy too. A young, talented striker, although I think they need to focus more on the midfield area, we still need a striker and I think Borini will do fine.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123777/walter-sabatini-confirms-liverpool-interest-in-fabio-borini?cc=3888

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Y2kWX.jpg

De Guzman has signed on loan for the season. With the option of a perma move. I've got to admit being impressed by Laudrup. When he was unveiled as manager, he said whilst he wanted to look at the squad first before making changes, he knew there were already places he had to fill in (i.e. Caulker and SIgurdsjoshgkhgdkhgson). And he's already done that by the second day of pre season. And he's used his contacts to get the transfers done.

And we've replaced Pascoe with Erick Larsen, who seemingly is an improvement and we've got Oscar Garcia to replace O'Driscoll as fitness coach. And Alan Curtis got a promotion with O'Leary back as development and reserve coach. So far, we seem to do be doing a good in building the club up and replacing everyone whose left from last season.

I really can't wait for next season.

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wonder what odds the bookies will give me for my team (Celtic) to win the league this year.

Lawl Rangers.

Why would a bookie even bother offering odds?

My point exactly, if there is odds it will be funny to see what they are.

The race for second could be exciting. I'm going for Mad Vlad's Hearts.

I could see Motherwell doing it again, Hearts are a very good team for SPL standards, they are the team that scares me the most when we play them, However they are in some serious financial shit and are on the brink. I guess All of Scottish football isn't looking well atm, except for Celtic.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To the Hearts fans.........."Aw yer sisters yer maw"!!!! LOL

The wee huns don't scare me when we play them but they're always good games and there is enough hatred there to full fill the gap left by the big huns...sorry...Sevco!! Think they'll be a good shout for 2nd too.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Don't know if there are any West Bromwich Albion here, but that new guy you got on loan from AA Gent, it's going to be all or nothing with him!
I've seen him play a lot of times in Belgium, and he got some skills, but he's also egoistic and cocky. It's really weird.... Also, if you think he's a Belgian A-international, think again, they only let him play once just to make sure he didn't choose for Morrocco. Otherwise he plays for the U21 Belgium squad.

Don't expect too much of him, it's all I'll say

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I've always wanted to watch some J-League matches live. Never found a site to do so though :( There are usually some pretty awesome matches in that league.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've always wanted to watch some J-League matches live. Never found a site to do so though :( There are usually some pretty awesome matches in that league.
I see them occasionally when I'm switching TV channels, sometimes I watch 10 minutes. Must say I'm often impressed by the level they play! A lot better than the Belgian league I must say. The fans are cool too btw, so..... organized?

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I see them occasionally when I'm switching TV channels, sometimes I watch 10 minutes. Must say I'm often impressed by the level they play! A lot better than the Belgian league I must say. The fans are cool too btw, so..... organized?

Yeah the fans make it that much better. I can't really enjoy a match if I can't hear the noise of the fans... And for some reason, commentary in another language always sound much better than English cuz they make it more exciting lol. There's always some amazing goals in J-league too.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: