Hacking The best SNES/GBA emulator ?

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I want to play SNES and GBA games on my vita. It exist emulator for the vita and for the ePSP. What do you think is the best ? For the graphism : playing with the vita emulator or on the ePSP emulator with the LCD3x filter on ? And for the compatibility, what is the best ?
Thanks you.

Also, I have issue with mGBA vita, the roms (on .gba) don't appear on the emulator but I can the rom with vitashell. Strange isn't it ?

Kazuhira777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually use VBA_next and SNES9x2002 that are included in Retroarch, as those run either perfect or near perfect 60FPS, it even can emulate the motion sensor used for Warioware Twisted and Yoshi's Topsy Turvy World!!!!!

Last edited by Kazuhira777,
Reactions: Syon and MKKhanzo

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When I use the scan folder thing on the retroarch emulators, it doesn't work. the ROMs dont appear in the playlist thing. why ?

Kazuhira777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally don't use the playlist so I can't answer that, I just load content, find the folder I put it in, and play.

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mGBA hands down for native vita GBA,

I found that I need to use different cores to ensure compatibility across all games for SNES. the later EA sports games do not work on 2005, but work on 2010.

Generally speaking, 2002 is the quickest.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use gpsp kai for gba games if you can get it to run, i tried on vhbl and adrenaline but it won't work, no clue why. All i get is error config.txt, i dunno what to do, i just copied it from my psp which it works on, no modification but won't load on psvita, so if you or anyone can get it to work, let me know.

Also some games are on both systems like super mario bros, donkey kong country, you can just play it on which ever works best. I have snes9x euphoria r5 i think is called on my psp, works pretty well but not tried it on psvota so maybe check that as well, i just wish there a proper snes9x and vba emulator like on wii homebrew, i don't really use retroarch simply cause of is complicated setup, i prefer a simple homebrew browser to just load the system emulator, and file browser to select my rom. I just want simple things to just get me playing game as soon as possible, but i do praise the use of "core emulators" to circumvent needing multiple seperate programs needed to switch emulators. It helps make getting the needed compatible emulator for the rom without setting up another emulator, many people like retroarch but i prefer different emulator with simple file browser for loading roms :rolleyes:

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Sonic Angel Knight strange, for me, my gpsp kai work very well with adrenaline. Try an another version from an another source maybe (mine is "UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 3 build 92" I dont know of it's the last version or not). I use it for the GBA. It's very good with the LCD3x filters.
And yeah, I dont like retroarch too (I think it's because I never use it and I m not used to) but the psp snes emulator (Snes9xTYL Mecm) is not so good (some lags with yoshi's island and I dont like the GBA port) so I have no choice. I dont know any other snes psp emulator. Too bad, I wanted to compare with and without the LCD3x.

Last edited by Cortexfou,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sonic Angel Knight strange, for me, my gpsp kai work very well with adrenaline. Try an another version from an another source maybe (mine is "UO gpsp kai 3.4 test 3 build 92" I dont know of it's the last version or not). I use it for the GBA. It's very good with the LCD3x filters.
And yeah, I dont like retroarch too (I think it's because I never use it and I m not used to) but the psp snes emulator (Snes9xTYL Mecm) is not so good (some lags with yoshi's island and I dont like the GBA port) so I have no choice. I dont know any other snes psp emulator. Too bad, I wanted to compare with and without the LCD3x.
I will try finding another emulator, i have that emulator, uo gpsp kai 3.4 test 1 build two according to the info screen. It works on my psp but not my vita, and all i did was copy it over there untouched.

As for your snes, never heard of that emulator, i have snes9x euphoria R2 on my psp right now, works well for the most part, but i never tested yoshi island, only megaman games, some rpg and other fun stuff. There may be a better version since mine is R2 so i dunno, maybe R5? :P

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found this today .. on http://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?t=838
2016-09-09-102455.jpg

it definitely the best SNES emulator ive tried on my Vita..

https://www.mediafire.com/download/12qb44mlm1f1wch

Last edited by SuperDan,

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same as RetroArch Snes9x 2005 but with another skin for the live area isn't it ?
yeah that part is true but it actually runs really fast.. trust me ive tried about 7 snes emulators & this is by far the best one .. perfect i would say ... starfox works nearly perfect metroid , no sound stutter ( even tho it was slight its was noticeable ) .. try it yourself ..

Last edited by SuperDan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol