Hardware The Best External Hard Drives for Wii!

TotalTechSupport

OP
Trophies
Website
www.totaltechsupport.tk
XP
Country
Norway

Hi! i really wanna buy a external hard drive for my wii, but when i look at the description of the item i see it says OS: Windows/2000/XP/Vista!
I have Windows XP, but can my Wii use that hard drive too?
This one looks good: Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB
Does this work for Wii?
The reason i want an external hard drive is because i want to take backup for my wii games, i have Homebrew installed, BootMii, Wiiflow, and
cIOS249, so i know a little bit of homebrewing!

And another thing, i have an USB, i used Waninkoks SD/USB Loader to download Wii Sports to my USB, then it says i need to format the USB drive! So when i plugged it in my PC to take a copy of that game to a folder, it sayd i need to format the USB drive!
blink.gif
WTF???!!!!!
So please help me with that!
Again, is Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB a good choice?
If not, can you recommend another one?

Sorry for my bad english i am Norwegian!​

D

Deleted User

its a good choice, and if you format your hard drive to wbfs it wont be recognised like a normal drive and yes it will say it may need to be formatted you just a wbfs manager, which works for windows.

TotalTechSupport

OP
Trophies
Website
www.totaltechsupport.tk
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you all, i got it working now, but in the Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB, is it 2 hard drives in one cabinet?
blink.gif

If yes,can i use both on the Wii? And whats the best backup software to burn over my games to the hard drive?
unsure.gif

And if it's 2 hard drives, and i cant use both hard drives on the Wii, then i dont want it if Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB is only one single drive!
glare.gif

But if Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB is also two drives, then i stick with Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB!
Please i need answers!
wacko.gif

rayben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TotalTechSupport said:
Thank you all, i got it working now, but in the Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB, is it 2 hard drives in one cabinet?
blink.gif

If yes,can i use both on the Wii? And whats the best backup software to burn over my games to the hard drive?
unsure.gif

And if it's 2 hard drives, and i cant use both hard drives on the Wii, then i dont want it if Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB is only one single drive!
glare.gif

But if Western Digital MyBook Essential 500GB is also two drives, then i stick with Western Digital MyBook Essential 1TB!
Please i need answers!
wacko.gif
It's a single 1TB drive.
As for transferring isos to your drive,Heres a list of WBFS Managers
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=WBFS_Managers

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rayben,

i dont think TotalTechSupport understood your question, yes it seems that new western digital 1T is broken into 2, i just got one couple of weeks ago, i was able to format it with WBFS Manager 2.5 after a while but it still shows in windows as two separate hard drives one of which is only 495GB or something like that.

i used older version of western digital 1T without any problems for about a month or so and then something happened where all of my games went out one by one, since then i've been trying one hard drive after another without my luck... really sucks, but im beginning to suspect that its not my hard drives but actually my computer is causing the problem (doesnt want properly recognize my usb)

so to get back to your question, new 1T western digital does have a some kind of software on it that tries to break it in to but you should still be able to format it with WBFS manager and use it just fine.

n00gz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I partitioned my drive into 2 using Nortons Partition Magic, though you can use the built in Windows Managment to do the same thing. So I can still use a percentage for windows & dedicate around 200GB to the Wii.
Most Wii games are small and 200GB is more than enough for storing Wii games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y