...and your tv, parts of your car, parts of your actual apartment/house, the electricity lines getting you... electricity, the power plants themselves, your internet backends at your ISP, your pots, your pants... like, i could name shit all day.
There IS no choice not to support them. Just the illusion of choice.
Homegrown brands dont produce locally either.
This is not a problem we can solve on our own man.
I do agree with you on principle, i do. youre not wrong here... its just not that simple at all.
Still doesn't make it right. If I can avoid it, I will. I will gladly pay a little more even, if I know my money doesn't go back to a communist country who is known for abusing humans, including they own citizens.
Still doesn't make it right. If I can avoid it, I will. I will gladly pay a little more even if knowing my money doesn't go back to a communist country who is known for abusing humans, including they own citizens.
Still doesn't make it right. If I can avoid it, I will. I will gladly pay a little more even if knowing my money doesn't go back to a communist country who is known for abusing humans, including they own citizens.
There is no evidence that there was price fixing, just that they pled guilty. It's common for companies to do that as a cost cutting measure. Defending your innocence is more expensive than just paying the fine.
But that doesn't mean they did anything illegal. It's not in their interests to artificially keep prices too high, as it affects their long term profits.
I'm not sure how much consumer memory that micron was shipping. While I've been a crucial customer for thirty years, in terms of their income, it's the business customers that keep their lights on.
They will be ensuring that dell/etc are getting ram, so that when they have built their new fabs, they won't have alienated their major customers.
The rapid increase in demand is very difficult for a fab to deal with, it takes years of consistent demand to pay off the capex of building new capacity.
If you don't want capitalism, you should vote for a non capitalist government.
I'm not sure how much consumer memory that micron was shipping. While I've been a crucial customer for thirty years, in terms of their income, it's the business customers that keep their lights on.
They will be ensuring that dell/etc are getting ram, so that when they have built their new fabs, they won't have alienated their major customers.
The rapid increase in demand is very difficult for a fab to deal with, it takes years of consistent demand to pay off the capex of building new capacity.
If you don't want capitalism, you should vote for a non capitalist government.
Still doesn't make it right. If I can avoid it, I will. I will gladly pay a little more even, if I know my money doesn't go back to a communist country who is known for abusing humans, including they own citizens.
There are no communist countries involved in the production of electronics
China isn't communist. They are state capitalist and aiming for socialism by 2049. The Chinese Communist Party, is like how the National Socialists in Germany use aspirational labels instead of accurate labels to achieve power. CCP isn't proposing communism now, as the Nazi's didn't propose implementing socialism in 1930's Germany.
There was an attempt on this thread to conflate the recent pricing with a completely separate incident.
Despite it being a generation ago.
There are no communist countries involved in the production of electronics
China isn't communist. They are state capitalist and aiming for socialism by 2049. The Chinese Communist Party, is like how the National Socialists in Germany use aspirational labels instead of accurate labels to achieve power. CCP isn't proposing communism now, as the Nazi's didn't propose implementing socialism in 1930's Germany.
Isn't it a little strange that they admitted DRAM is more profitable than HBM right now and yet Crucial was shutdown and consumer RAM in general is getting shafted supply wise.
Isn't it a little strange that they admitted DRAM is more profitable than HBM right now and yet Crucial was shutdown and consumer RAM in general is getting shafted supply wise.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...