1. RyuShinobi500

OP RyuShinobi500 C0D3 N1Nj4

United States
    My youngest brother was given a old 2DS for his birthday and after playing with it for about a week the homescreen will not respond to user input I was wondering if there was a fix for this thanks

2. Extrasklep

Extrasklep gbaTemp Fan

Poland
    Does the home menu look normally (all game icons and stuff are loaded)? Try holding X + L + R while turning it on (or Start and Select and that stuff if it has CFW)

3. RyuShinobi500

United States
    Everything looks normal on the home-screen interface but I will try what you suggested thanks

Update: After trying what you suggested I successfully booted the touch screen calibration software and also managed to boot the Rosalina menu

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    In the home menu, try tapping on the screen in multiple places to check if it gets no input or just some. If it still gets some inputs but not accurate ones, it might be a severely decalibrated screen (which is easily fixable if you can go into settings and calibrate it from there). If it doesn't, then you could have a bad screen or something similar. Also, sometimes dirt in the screen frame can make inputs not go through, so that's another possibility...

5. RyuShinobi500

United States
    I have tried your suggestion by tapping the screen in multiple places and it seems to some input but the strange thing is it seems to fluctuate when it reboots from bad to worse and so on

6. RyuShinobi500

United States
    Thank you so much for your help I was able to get it working :yay:

Extrasklep likes this.
  7. ThoD

Greece
    That's good, but out of curiosity, what was the problem in the end?

8. RyuShinobi500

United States
    Well the 2DS was my sisters and she lost the stylus so when she gave it to my brother for a birthday present she replaced the stylus with a broken paintbrush handle (don't ask me why) and so my brother purchased a dinosaur game that requires heavy stylus use and so having never used a stylus he was using it with to much pressure and so it became severely deliberated (plus the broken paintbrush handle was extremely pointy) so bad that you could not calibrate it properly and so with several tries at calibration it finally worked

9. ThoD

Greece
    Alright, if it works now, then all goods, just was curious.

PS: Get your sister's IQ checked sometime, she sounds dangerously dumb, who even uses pointy/sharp things on touch screens when even a cotton swab can actually work as a stylus just fine?:rofl2:

10. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    Oh my… this sounds like the touch panel could already be damaged. Please replace that unsuitable object with an actual stylus. The resistive touchscreens are made of soft and weak plastic. They are easy to scratch and easy to damage with sharp objects. The touch panels are cheap, but a pain to replace.

ThoD and TurdPooCharger like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - homescreen, respond, input