Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
you can if it's not free.

You're NOT getting it! BOTH channels are FREE! Why would these channels host free content if you have to pay to access FREE content. That doesn't make sense. The companies hosting the free content on these channels would be pissed.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Hells Guardian said:

You're NOT getting it! BOTH channels are FREE! Why would these channels host free content if you have to pay to access FREE content. That doesn't make sense. The companies hosting the free content on these channels would be pissed.

*Points to Wii Opera Browser Channel*

Pay to watch Youtube on your Wii!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
LightyKD said:
Hells Guardian said:

*Points to Wii Opera Browser Channel*

Pay to watch Youtube on your Wii!

sleep.gif
' OK people lets not be smart asses and besides, Playing Youtube videos isnt something Opera or Nintendo stresses with the Internet Channel. On another note, both companies have expressed their want for customers to view the free content on their respective channels, especially since some of the free content from what I have seen are commercials. I DONT think companies(like Honda) would waste time posting a commercial on a Wii channel if the masses did not have free access to it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppc_gba said:
I would change my shop setting but I read that you're stuck on whatever region you first access it from. Is there an option to change only the shop channel from Any Region Changer?
No one confirmed (that I could find anyway) if you can switch your shop region by erasing your shop channel account or something like that.
You can do it with any region changer but it doesn't just affect the shop channel, it affects the other channels too (news, weather etc.). People in PAL countries have done it to get access to downloadable content for Rock Band 2 which is only out in the US. The wii's system region remains the same (won't run channels from other regions without preloader hacks). Also when you erase your shop account (which must be done before the shop region change or you won't be able to use the shop afterwards) you lose any purchased titles and unused wii points.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so here are the two video service channels for the Wii

Wii no Ma...Created by Nintendo... Released today

Minna no Theatre...Created by Fujisoft...Released, last Year

BTW Minna no Theatre has episodes of Ultraman Tiga but i hear it also has episodes of Super Sentai (aka Power Rangers) which is my reason for wanting it
biggrin.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
BTW Minna no Theatre has episodes of Ultraman Tiga but i hear it also has episodes of Super Sentai (aka Power Rangers) which is my reason for wanting it
biggrin.gif

Hmm...if I knew japanese I'd be much more interested in this.
tongue.gif
I loves me some japanese TV (such as the Kamen Rider stuff).

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have a will to release WAD of them,but let me explain the details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3UO3KZ-aW0
"Wii no ma" which had released in yesterday midnight, a bit before a promised day.
Also DSi channel to receive movie from Wii are released on same time.

Movies and steal images are going to be provided by Wii no ma Inc, corporate company and Japanese major 5 broadcasts.
Currently only have a original documentary of elephant in Africa (10mins), about 5 cooking guide and AD movie by Honda, LUX and etc.
None of them are interesting enough, but Iwata is promisiing Nintendo and Wii no ma Inc going to provide enough contents upcoming days.

Resolution is larger and image is much more clear than "Nintendo Channel" providing movies.
The streaming format is mobiclip, so I think it is going to be difficult to customize it to watch open materials.
Interesting point on "Wii no Ma" from technical side was
the channel program sending wide screen aspect detection signal and change the resolution by itself.

The third party one is "Minna no Wii Theater (Everybody's Wi Theater)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_eiwvkm4hI
It provides rebroadcasting of regular Japanese TV and Anime program and you have to pay for it via Nintendo Points.
Streaming format is unknown. Resolution is VGA and bitrate under 1.3M to 2.0 Mbps.
I don't own this channel, so not sure for details.
I see few people interested in Kamen Rider, Ultraman and some other contents from this channel,
but it costs !!!
200 Nintendo points to watch a movie for 2 days.
600 Nintendo points to watch 2 movie for 3 days.
800 Nintendo points to watch 3 movies for 5 days.
How do you feel?
tongue.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still feel goo. I just wish there was a way for us to have dual Shop Channel accounts. On XBox live it wasnt that hard to create a JP account on my old XBox 360 so on that unit i had a JP and a US account. Too bad things cant be that way for the Wii. Also, to the one who had the "Wii no Ma" channel, what region system do you have and what did you have to do to get it running?

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it might be too much work, but I found a copy of the mobiclip pro edition 3.0, which includes a converter.
look here: http://[rapidshare]/files/227786255/Mobiclip_Pro_Edition_3.0.zip
Haven't tested it yet, but looks legit.

@beegee7730: you should erase that... they don't take to wads well here anymore. or at least obscure it somehow.

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
zenigata2000: Thank you for taking the time to provide that excellent information.

Welcome
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(beegee7730 @ May 1 2009, 06:41 AM) Hope this isnt breaking the rules.
http://rapidshare.com/files/192497651/Tele...egion_Free_.wad

Seen from the file name, unfortunatelly the WAD is "TV no tomo channel" which is only shows you TV program guide
and give you capability to control TV direct from the program guide by Wii remote.
It has nothing to use outside of Japan and also tutorial and menu are given by pretty compicated Japanese.

D

Deleted-171178

zenigata2000 said:
tueidj said:
zenigata2000: Thank you for taking the time to provide that excellent information.

Welcome
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(beegee7730 @ May 1 2009, 06:41 AM) Hope this isnt breaking the rules.
http://rapidshare.com/files/192497651/Tele...egion_Free_.wad

Seen from the file name, unfortunatelly the WAD is "TV no tomo channel" which is only shows you TV program guide
and give you capability to control TV direct from the program guide by Wii remote.
It has nothing to use outside of Japan and also tutorial and menu are given by pretty compicated Japanese.

*cries*

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As an additional info of "Wii no Ma" channel, wheather channel is integrated and getting feed back info from.
If you want to run the channel on 4.0 U or 4.0 E firmware,
may be you also need Japanese wheather channel which is "???????? (Otenki channel)".

Anyway not only Japanese are getting something better on Wii channel.
We can't watch great Jamie Lidell remix work on our console.
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM