"Thank you for helping" Thread (it doesn´t hurt...)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Maybe in the rush of the day or distracted or what ever.....looking over many threads here many,many of them are "open" without an feedback or a little thank you.

If you "accidental" forget to give thanks to an user who helped you out here in this great forum,no problem,here is your chance.:D:D:D

Zazaaji

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Jack.Sparrow's.Black.Umbrella.Website.net
XP
Country
Finland
I usually reply with a "like". There are times I actually say, "Thank you".

I guess it's a matter of having good etiquette?
Actually thanking someone is typically seen as a higher compliment than a simple "like" or "thumbs up" because you typed out a message. A "like" is literally just a click of the mouse/tap of the screen. You can do both too, of course.:yay:

Last edited by Zazaaji,
Reactions: IncredulousP

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"like" is literally just a click of the mouse/tap of the screen
True, but it is better than nothing....and the "Thank you" will fade, while you can always look at your "like" count and think fondly of all the people who gave you "thanks".

Of course, now "likes" are a broken system.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt 90% of the people I need to thank will ever see this, but why not?

I wish to thank everyone who has contributed in some way to the community.

If you're a mod, writer, admin, or any other form of staff for GBATemp, thank you for everything you do to keep this community up and running smooth. Thank you for removing all of the spam, flame wars, and other offtopic posts and for keeping the forums clean. Thank you for providing us with the latest scene news and developments. And thank you for the "Temper Tantrums" comics, and the occasional giveaway or contest. And most of all, thank you for giving me a site other than Facebook to look forward to checking 20+ times a day!

If you provide help, support, or advice for other users here, thank you. Thank you for all of the consoles you've saved from being bricked, or semi-bricked consoles that you've helped rescue. Thank you for dealing with whiney users who can't seem to find the search bar, are too lazy to help themselves, ask the same question that's been asked a dozen times already, and half the time can't be bothered to reply and say thank you.

If you have written a guide to help others mod their console, or learn how to use a piece of homebrew, or how to do something else that's cool, thank you.

If you're a developer, MEGA THANKS TO YOU!!! Without y'all we might not even be here. And many times it's a thankless job, constantly being badgered about release dates, scene drama, all for you to sit and write code that you probably won't even get paid for (unless it's a bounty or other donation.) If you've helped develop an exploit, thank you. If you've posted a release thread here, thank you. If you have a project on GitHub that you've shared with the scene, thank you. If you've made a git commit to help a dev out, thank you.

Finally, if you've contributed something else here, maybe a custom theme in the downloads section, or a custom mod for a game, or maybe even a cheat code, thank you.

... Alright, did I get everybody? Anybody feeling left out? THEN GET OUT! :ha:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like to thank way too many people for being there for me and supporting me when I needed that support that I wasn't getting in my real life. They know who they are and they know how much I love them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-