Gaming Thank me later dont bother with the premium poke home or even pokehome

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to make this quick I was under the impression i can transfer my pokemon from previous games to SW/SH. The catch is the SW/SH pokedex and whatever the DLC is already have specific pokemon. Also if you dont purchase the DLC you cant transfer those pokemon that are compatible with the pokedex. So if you try to trade over a Groudon it will not let you transfer it to your game since you didnt buy the DLC. They left out very important informatio . So if you even have pokemon lets go there a good percentage of pokemon that cant get transferred.

What's going to happen is this let's just say you have every pokemon caught in previous games a good 75% you cant put in the game because of you didnt buy the DLC or the pokemon isnt in the game. So basically it's going to sit in your bank so to save your time dont pay for premium or even home just catch the pokemon in the game or get free trades.

This was the first pokemon game that limits you. I thought I could at least play my kanto/jhoto pokemon but since they are pushing the DLC they not going to let you transfer them In the game

spelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
You're spouting false information.

You don't need the DLC at all if you want to trade over "new" Pokemon.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're spouting false information.

You don't need the DLC at all if you want to trade over "new" Pokemon.

You can transfer new pokemon but you cant put them inside your game so technically you did transfer but it goes off comparability

I even bought the DLC but since it isnt officially released it will block you I had uploaded a pic as a example

Attachments

• 20200217_191037.jpg
    20200217_191037.jpg
    824.2 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: lordelan

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had listened to their announcements you would have known that you had to wait until the DLCs get released..

Okay but again what's the purpose of buying pokehome premium if you're going to catch them in the DLC. The point of it was to put them in the game regardless of DLC or not. Pokemon Y I had transferred over those very same pokemon and they are not showing on my pokedex but I can play them. But SW/SH you cant put them in the game. I already paid for the DLC I just wanted to do a test if everything would work.

That's why I'm recommending people to skip pokehome all together if you buy the DLC you're going to catch them anyway

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay but again what's the purpose of buying pokehome premium if you're going to catch them in the DLC. The point of it was to put them in the game regardless of DLC or not. Pokemon Y I had transferred over those very same pokemon and they are not showing on my pokedex but I can play them. But SW/SH you cant put them in the game. I already paid for the DLC I just wanted to do a test if everything would work.

That's why I'm recommending people to skip pokehome all together if you buy the DLC you're going to catch them anyway
Maybe if you're a casual player just wanting the Pokemon, then home isn't all that necessary. But let's say you have teams of competitive bred Pokemon that took many hours, taking your 6IV HA Jolly shiny Garchomp will be way different to just catching a Garchomp in the DLC.

Also the DLC Pokemon will most likely be version exclusive. So if you have Sword, and the DLC adds Rayquaza to Shield but you already have one in home from your Omega Ruby then that can be taken in too. But as for why they're not in now, probably because the DLC isn't ready for the content as a whole and there's no point releasing the Pokemon seperately to the main expansion.

spelda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

Again..

You just need to wait until the DLC gets released. At the same time there will be a FREE update for everyone that lets you play with Pokemon that get added with the DLC without buying the DLC.

So at that point you will be able to transfer your Pokemon just fine and you don't need to buy anything for it.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if you're a casual player just wanting the Pokemon, then home isn't all that necessary. But let's say you have teams of competitive bred Pokemon that took many hours, taking your 6IV HA Jolly shiny Garchomp will be way different to just catching a Garchomp in the DLC.

Also the DLC Pokemon will most likely be version exclusive. So if you have Sword, and the DLC adds Rayquaza to Shield but you already have one in home from your Omega Ruby then that can be taken in too. But as for why they're not in now, probably because the DLC isn't ready for the content as a whole and there's no point releasing the Pokemon seperately to the main expansion.

These Pokémon are from 10 years ago (Pokémon Black/ Soul Silver/ Platinum) To be honest with you I never got into Pokémon breeding and etc . I’m currently playing Pokémon Y but I had beat Sword already. (Sun/Moon and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) I never played (yet) I just wanted to transfer over the “A” team to sword but like 5/6 of my Pokémon are blocked. The link below is the list I found on then net for the compatible Pokémon. If the Pokémon isn’t on the list then it wouldn’t be able to get into your game. There might be exceptions because my Blastoise made it into the game but he isn’t on the list.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Again..

You just need to wait until the DLC gets released. At the same time there will be a FREE update for everyone that lets you play with Pokemon that get added with the DLC without buying the DLC.

So at that point you will be able to transfer your Pokemon just fine and you don't need to buy anything for it.

I hope so because the Legendary Pokémon I don’t really care about I already have them. It’s just specific Pokémon I want to play competitively online. It’s just for me the main Pokémon I want it doesn’t seem they can’t be in the game. (Houndoom/ Mightyena / Aagron) Just some examples

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth