TF2 Retires Original Hats

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be honest, I never got in to TF2 at all. I thought it was waaaay too fucking boring and it never held my attention at all. Could just be the type of FPS that it is though.

Anyways, a quick look at my inventory to see if I have any hats and it turns out I do surprisingly:

Manniversary Paper Hat
The Spiral Sallet
Batter's Helmet
Ellis' Cap

I also have two crates so who knows if they'll drop anything.
Crates always drop something, but I wouldn't open them if I were you, the chances of getting anything good and making a profit on your key are remarkably slim.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Somehow I started to think about RuneScape when I first hear about TF2 hats and this latest move. Honestly, a blue Party Hat was worth 500mil at the time I retired a way back. I could have basically just sold that and had enough shizl to last me the remainder of my time in the game o__o..

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Isn't team fortress 2 an FPS. Which is kinda known for not knowing what the fuck you've got on your head to begin with?

It's amazing they've got their own feature thing going to start with (more precisely: that anyone even picks up on it). But now they're going to increase the scarcity of it?

That's madness. There's no other explanation. They must be mad. Mad as a hatter!
Well the basic TF2 gameplay is very enjoyable too, I've played over 350 hours now, which is amazing really. Very funny game too, loads of funny people/servers on it, I really laughed sometimes.
everybody else can your hats or misc items
it's just to show off and make your self stand out from everybody else
tf2 would most likely be dead though if it didn't introduce new hats and items (just look at the ps3 and 360 versions)
True. Without the market system and especially the very frequent updates (they add new weapons too, not just hats!), this game would be long dead.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had a fro and mining light, but them steam removed them cause they thought someone hacked my account.
I dont know how that was supposed to help me ><

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Team Fortress 2, the groundbreaking, in-depth hat simulator (with a decent multiplayer shooter tacked on), has been on the market for years now. Despite its age, it continues to be a popular choice among gamers.

I've never felt love for another man before but reading this made me experience that very feeling as I cried tears of laughter.

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Read this some days ago, and I realized how unlucky I am. I always wanted a soldier's stash and was about to buy one some weeks ago but decided to buy a strange sniper rifle instead, now the sniper dropped its price and the stash is being sold for a few keys.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, great news! I have the following related items:

- VINTAGE Soldier's Stash

- VINTAGE Pyro's Beanie

- VINTAGE Demoman's Fro (painted White!)

- TWO VINTAGE Mining Lights (two different level #'s!)

- VINTAGE Trophy Belt

Lucky me!

Anyways, a quick look at my inventory to see if I have any hats and it turns out I do surprisingly:

Manniversary Paper Hat
That Manniversary Paper Hat looks tasty to me. I wants. :tpi:

D

Deleted-236924

Somehow I started to think about RuneScape when I first hear about TF2 hats and this latest move. Honestly, a blue Party Hat was worth 500mil at the time I retired a way back. I could have basically just sold that and had enough shizl to last me the remainder of my time in the game o__o..
They're worth more than the maximum amount of cash you can hold at once, if that is of any indication.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- VINTAGE Pyro's Beanie

- VINTAGE Trophy Belt
there was set amount of vintages before the retirement and there will be the same amount after the retirement
only the unique and uncraftable versions will go up alot

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was set amount of vintages before the retirement and there will be the same amount after the retirement
only the unique and uncraftable versions will go up alot

It was my understanding that Vintage items can only increase in value over time, never decrease, due to two factors:

-- You can no longer obtain items of Vintage quality and have not been able to do so since September 30th, 2010. In that sense, there was a set amount of Vintages from that date forward but...

-- ...As time draws on, the number of Vintage items that exist worldwide diminish due to factors such as Crafting, Deleting, etc. As time passes, the amount of Vintage items total decreases.

Although it is true that the overall number of Vintages that exist may not have been affected by this retirement announcement, the demand for the retired items, regardless of their quality (Vintage, Non-Vintage, etc) will increase greatly. It is my understanding that Vintage quality is of higher value, coupled with the spike in demand for retired items, this would make a Vintage Retired item of more value than A Non-Vintage Retired item (and a Genuine Retired Item being of more value than those two, should it exist in future retirement updates).

Wait, wut? :unsure:

Reactions: ZaeZae64

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

- VINTAGE Pyro's Beanie

- VINTAGE Trophy Belt

Lucky me!

That Manniversary Paper Hat looks tasty to me. I wants. :tpi:

I don't even know how I got these hats to be honest. And the thing is I hate the game, haven't touched it for like nearly 2 years and I'll never play it again lol, so I'm gonna have these things forever I suppose.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was my understanding that Vintage items can only increase in value over time, never decrease, due to two factors:

-- You can no longer obtain items of Vintage quality and have not been able to do so since September 30th, 2010. In that sense, there was a set amount of Vintages from that date forward but...

-- ...As time draws on, the number of Vintage items that exist worldwide diminish due to factors such as Crafting, Deleting, etc. As time passes, the amount of Vintage items total decreases.

Although it is true that the overall number of Vintages that exist may not have been affected by this retirement announcement, the demand for the retired items, regardless of their quality (Vintage, Non-Vintage, etc) will increase greatly. It is my understanding that Vintage quality is of higher value, coupled with the spike in demand for retired items, this would make a Vintage Retired item of more value than A Non-Vintage Retired item (and a Genuine Retired Item being of more value than those two, should it exist in future retirement updates).

Wait, wut? :unsure:
Well I hope you're right, because I bought a few of those Vintage hats a week ago. Hopefully they do indeed go up, first time I really bought something with the idea to store it for a few months/years and then sell it with profit.
I got a demo fro and pickelhauge both drop on my accounts within the last 2 weeks, notbad.jpeg
I swear you seem like the luckiest person on the 'temp everytime I see you post something TF2 related. Ffs man, that's real lucky....
Tomorrow 8 of my idle accounts are put to work again, hopefully they find a hat or 2! And just maybe, maybe they find one of these discontinued ones

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have one idle account, though it has been or month or so since my last hat hat drop on my alt and only 2 weeks on my main (got 2 hats in one day from secret saxtons)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: