drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when are they going to release this?

I'm honestly more interested in the new Arena mode than anything else, since I don't play heavy much....

They need to release achievements for the Scout and Sniper...

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
TF2 looks so fun...

...if you can play it and not fail, unlike me (I'm probably the worse gamer that ever existed)

Oh quite your whining. You don't even have to be that accurate to play TF2, just play as Pyro or heavy and hold down the left mouse button in the enemy's general direction and you'll hit something.

Trust me, in general I'm not great at FPSs but with the fast-paced, insane-accuracy-not-required style of TF2 I am usually in the top 5 in a server of 30.

[edit] released today??? Sweet...now I just have to wait for my files to defrag :\

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mewgia said:
Salamantis said:
TF2 looks so fun...

...if you can play it and not fail, unlike me (I'm probably the worse gamer that ever existed)

Oh quite your whining. You don't even have to be that accurate to play TF2, just play as Pyro or heavy and hold down the left mouse button in the enemy's general direction and you'll hit something.

Trust me, in general I'm not great at FPSs but with the fast-paced, insane-accuracy-not-required style of TF2 I am usually in the top 5 in a server of 30.

[edit] released today??? Sweet...now I just have to wait for my files to defrag :\
I've tried every single class and failed, got an average of 2 kills per game and I stopped counting the deaths. Linki suggested Medic, I've never managed to heal anyone for more than 20 seconds long since I always get killed. I'm usually in the 5 bottom of the list. You're MUCH better than me at any game, for sure. I guess the only game I could play is Horsez.

I know you don't need a big accuracy as you say, but even if I hit someone I usually don't do much damage, thus resulting in almost no kills.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Mewgia said:
Salamantis said:
TF2 looks so fun...

I've tried every single class and failed, got an average of 2 kills per game and I stopped counting the deaths. Linki suggested Medic, I've never managed to heal anyone for more than 20 seconds long since I always get killed. I'm usually in the 5 bottom of the list. You're MUCH better than me at any game, for sure. I guess the only game I could play is Horsez.

I know you don't need a big accuracy as you say, but even if I hit someone I usually don't do much damage, thus resulting in almost no kills.

Use Pyro as your main. If you manage to hit them, even if you die, chances are you'll still get a kill. Pyro is a good beginner class, but you still need a little skill to play it right (but most of that is strategy, ambushing, team coordination, etc).

Edit:

Haha, that Sandvich idea is excellent.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Easy medic assists: Find a sniper
smile.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Salamantis said:
Mewgia said:
Salamantis said:
TF2 looks so fun...

Use Pyro as your main. If you manage to hit them, even if you die, chances are you'll still get a kill. Pyro is a good beginner class, but you still need a little skill to play it right (but most of that is strategy, ambushing, team coordination, etc).
That's where I'm lacking. (see bolded words above)

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
Hence my suggestion: Go medic, find and heal a good sniper.
They appreciate it as they don't have to run back each time they get hit and less chance of being killed by enemy snipers

And they are fun to uber
smile.gif

I play 2fort, so don't know how this will work on other maps

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Great! And Heavy is my favorite class! I'm very happy
biggrin.gif

I find it great how Valve keeps adding fun stuff to the game and the community keeps giving them positive feedback on that.. I was expecting a lot of "OMG YOU'RE RUINING THE GAME" comments when I saw the sandvich thing.. glad to see that people understands what Valve is trying to do
smile.gif

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
biggrin.gif

I find it great how Valve keeps adding fun stuff to the game and the community keeps giving them positive feedback on that.. I was expecting a lot of "OMG YOU'RE RUINING THE GAME" comments when I saw the sandvich thing.. glad to see that people understands what Valve is trying to do
smile.gif
The Sandvich will help the heavy from being so medic dependent
biggrin.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Law said:
Salamantis said:
Mewgia said:
Salamantis said:
TF2 looks so fun...

But you don't have to play it right to get a load of kills. Just by rushing an enemy unexpectedly can get you an easy kill or three. You could also hide behind a Heavy so he takes all the bullets, and jump out when you get close enough.

Another good strategy is to go Engineer, then sneak into the enemy base and build a sentry (level 1) in a hidden spot/unexpected place and move it around every now and again.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

I think the Sandvich is an excellent idea, and it will finally enable the Heavy to go on an excellent adventure on his own without having to cry out medic every five seconds.

Of course, the majority of people who play Heavy are still going to be crying out medic every five seconds.

Edit: Fuck, it didn't auto merge. Can a mod merge it, please? AUTO MERGE, YOU HAVE FAILED ME!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Salamantis said:
Law said:
*snip*

But you don't have to play it right to get a load of kills. Just by rushing an enemy unexpectedly can get you an easy kill or three. You could also hide behind a Heavy so he takes all the bullets, and jump out when you get close enough.

Another good strategy is to go Engineer, then sneak into the enemy base and build a sentry (level 1) in a hidden spot/unexpected place and move it around every now and again.
Engineer is the class I've been using for longest (according to the stats that appear now and then). And how can you sneak into an enemy base without getting killed? That's nearly impossible unless you're a Spy.

My strategy with Engineer was to build a dispenser first (avoid going out of your corner to get metal), then build up a sentry gun and whack it until it gets to maximum level. I do that, get a kill and sometimes 2, but before I can do anything 1 guy comes, quickly destroys everything and kills me. Done.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The server I play on lets you build like 4 SGs and 4 Dispensers
And you can move your SGs
smile.gif

And it lets you play with cracked steam

Other classes get something extra too, but i don't feel like mentioning them

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Law said:
Salamantis said:
Law said:
*snip*

Engineer is the class I've been using for longest (according to the stats that appear now and then). And how can you sneak into an enemy base without getting killed? That's nearly impossible unless you're a Spy.

My strategy with Engineer was to build a dispenser first (avoid going out of your corner to get metal), then build up a sentry gun and whack it until it gets to maximum level. I do that, get a kill and sometimes 2, but before I can do anything 1 guy comes, quickly destroys everything and kills me. Done.

It's pretty easy to do on Well and 2fort, especially 2fort. In 2fort just take a few engies and start off in their sewers, keep moving until you get a few demomen with you, then rush into their intel room and set up dispensers and sentries. It's an instant win as long as other engies/pyros/demomen can get to their intel room. One team I was one once went all Engi on 2fort, and we had a hoedown in the opposite team's intel room.

In Well, just wait until they rush into the central area and move around them. Not difficult.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh