Homebrew Textris DS

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
gallery_262855_65_5404.png
gallery_262855_65_3478.png
gallery_262855_65_323.png

[yt]HwQec9EGO0A[/yt]​
Textris DS

This is an ascii-based, retro-styled tetris tribute for the NDS. No graphics libraries were used although I included a sweet chiptune soundtrank by Dubmood to compliment the retro look of the game. Usage instructions can be found by pressing start during game play.

free bonus! :P --4 other platform versions are included with source code. These are unpolished and simplistic -- but playable (PSP,PC,GBA,Wii).

I hope you like it guys. ^_^ I know there are a lot of tetris knock-offs out there, but I think this one is kinda neat. (Press X a few times to see the strobe effect -- it's quite hypnotic paired with the driving soundtrack).

Download

D

Deleted-236924

Looks pretty great.
Best piece of DS homebrew I've seen recently, if my memory is correct.

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the kind words people ^^

I've made a video to better show how the game looks and sounds.
(it looks a little weird without a barrier between the screens, but the still picture in the OP will give you a sense of what the barrier looks like.)

[yt]E1UtylYf-p0[/yt]

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
Took my projects name. :P
Lol, I noticed that this morning after a second Google search. My search results a few weeks ago turned up some lame edutainment software and that didn't concern me.
I promise it wasn't intentional! Sorry. :shy:

At least there is a DS at the end of mine. That's something I hope. :)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is perdy cool. i front paged it, hope you don't mind.

i only wish we could change the colors. i'd love some neon green to give me that old school console experience. i did so much crap in unix using green font on a black background =P

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

Snailface

OP
Trophies
XP
I really couldn't care less since I haven't worked on it in a year. (I did make a load of progress though :D)
Yes sir you did. It even has color! (which mine lacks). Darn ascii mode. :P

Speaking of ascii, I almost named my game Ascris DS, but it sounded too much like 'ass-kiss' so I went with Textris DS. :rofl:

@AW --I'll look into it. (and thanks!)

Reactions: 1 person

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to punch the connection into something resembling working order and got it on my DS- a nice blend of some of the more modern concepts and the early versions. I miss preview, hold and proper hard drop (super fast works for me though) but it has found a place on my DS.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Managed to punch the connection into something resembling working order and got it on my DS- a nice blend of some of the more modern concepts and the early versions. I miss preview, hold and proper hard drop (super fast works for me though) but it has found a place on my DS.
The whole thing is like 900 kilobytes. But posting works fine? And even if it's not perfect and coded by one guy, I think I can fit a 1MB file on my DS too. :P
Really though, this may not be revolutionary but I'm gonna put it on my XL later! Thanks Snailface!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water