Hacking Testers wanted

lucor001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The progress on this project looks great, can't wait for a public release! I'll admit, I tried connecting on IRC (gbatemp.net) to see if I could easily find the channel talked about - of course with no luck :). I'll just have to wait along with everyone else - which is great by me. I haven't joined any IRC server in probably 7 years or more, so it brought me back anyway - thanks for that :).

Long time lurker (never had anything to say really - gbatemp's depth of helpful posts is huge so I never needed any additional help) - so my first post is a congratulations to the team! Maybe I'll have to create an avatar now.

Best of luck!

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The progress on this project looks great, can't wait for a public release! I'll admit, I tried connecting on IRC (gbatemp.net) to see if I could easily find the channel talked about - of course with no luck :). I'll just have to wait along with everyone else - which is great by me. I haven't joined any IRC server in probably 7 years or more, so it brought me back anyway - thanks for that :).

Long time lurker (never had anything to say really - gbatemp's depth of helpful posts is huge so I never needed any additional help) - so my first post is a congratulations to the team! Maybe I'll have to create an avatar now.

Best of luck!
Wellcome to the commenting area lol ..... I havent truly used IRC in about 8 years and at 35 , I'm to old to make friends on there now , or even find a good server , ( I miss those days I had hook up and power , took a year to become an OP in the channel and group I was a part of ...... I miss those days , well , anyway ........ Welcome to your first comment , dont be a stranger

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Games tested so far

System Menu 4.3 Clean [Not Dump from Wii] + UNEEK + cDI v4 Beta 23

Another Code R [PAL] = Works
Arc Rise Fantasia UNDUB [USA] = Game Image not mounted "Unable to read Disc", the game works on CFG loader.
Baby Sitting Mama [USA] = Works
Baroque [USA] = Works
Castle of Shikagami [USA] = Works (Home Menu Slowdown)
Osouji Sentai Clean Keeper [JAP] = Works
Dragon Quest SWORDS [USA] = Works
Eldar Saga [PAL] = Works
Final Fantasy Chronicles Echose of Time [USA] = Works
Final Fantasy Chronicles The Crystal Bearers [USA] = Works
Fire Emblem Radiant Down [USA] = Works
Fragile Dreams ~Farewell Ruins of the Moon~ [USA] = Works
Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou [JAP] = Works
Harvest Moon: Animal Paradise [PAL] = Works (Needs to be forced NTSC, Out of screen Issue)
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody [USA] = Works (Home Menu Slowdown)
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility [USA] = Hangs on Loading
Just Dance [USA] = Works
Just Dance 2 Extra Songs [PAL] = Works
Just Dance 3 [USA] = Works
Just Dance Kids [USA] = Works
Just Dance Wii [JAP] = Works
Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage [JAP] = Game Image not mounted "Unable to read Disc", the game works on CFG loader.
Kirby Return to Dreamland [USA] = Works
Let's Tap [USA] = Works
Mario Sports Mix [USA] = Works
Mario Kart Wii [USA] = Works
Minna no Rhythm Tengoku [JAP] = Works but no text shown on the screen (Needs force JPN Menu)
Monster Hunter Tri [USA] = Works
Naruto Shippuden: Dragon Blade Chronicles [USA] = Works
NBA 2k12 [USA] = Works
Negima Neo Pactio Fight [JAP] = Works
Octomania [USA] = Works
Okami [USA] = Works
Oneechanbara Bikini Zombies Slayer [USA] = Works
One Piece Unlimited Adventures [USA] = Works
Phantom Brave: We meet again [USA] = Works
Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary [JAP] = Works
Puyo Puyo 7 [JAP] = Works
Rune Factory Frontier [USA] = Works
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny [USA] = Black Screen
Wii Music [USA] = Works
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories [USA] = Works
Soul Eater: Monotome Princess [JAP] = Works
Wii Sports [USA] = Works
Orikaku Sugoroku [JAP] = Creating Save File Loop (Move your previous safe file will bypass the problem, this kind of problem never occurs on HDD loader)
Swing Golf Pangya [JAP] = Works (Home Menu Slowdown)
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Dodon ni dai me [JAP] = Works
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Minna no party sai dai me [JAP] = Works
Tales of Graces [JAP] = Black Screen
Tales of Symphonia [USA] = Works
Simple Wii Volume 6 : Shooting [JAP] = Works but no text shown on the screen (Needs force JPN Menu)
The House of the Dead 2 and 3 [USA] = Works
The House of the Dead Overkill [PAL] = Black Screen
The Last Story [JAP] = Works
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess [USA] = Works
Simple Wii Volume 5 : The Blocks [JAP] = Hangs after creating new save file and no text shown on the screen (Needs force JPN Menu)
Tower of Pandora [JAP] = Works
Trauma Team [USA] = Works
Twinkle Queen [JAP] = Works
Wii Sports: Resort [USA] = Works
Xenoblade Chronicles [PAL] = Works (Home Menu Slowdown)
Gintama Yorozuya Chuubu [JAP] = Works
Call of Duty Black OPS [USA] = Works
Sakura Wars: So long my Love [USA] = Works
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii [JAP] = Works

I'm still trying to make cDI to work on SNEEK but no luck so far, it stuck with blackscreen.

(post from some days ago) That's a nice list. I just wonder: do the issue games you mention behave the same in discex-format?

And also: when you say "they work in CFG"...that's the CFG on real nand? (there is a mod out for uneek)

New RC released on IRC

Fixes issues for some games (Wiifit, Wiifit Plus and maybe others)
Phew...close one. I almost took the wrong release candidate over to my girlfriend's house (my wii is there 'til Wednesday). I hope it'll work out fine now, as I won't be able to recompile a new version over there (or join IRC...I'll be without "proper" computer for some days). :)

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Kekkaishi: Kokubourou no Kage [JAP] = Game Image not mounted "Unable to read Disc", the game works on CFG loader.
Problem is still present.

Arc Rise Fantasia UNDUB [USA] = Game Image not mounted "Unable to read Disc", the game works on CFG loader.
This Error showed up.
huf7fc.jpg

Every game on my library is working except for those 2 games that I had. Arc Rise Fantasia (not the UNDUB) works. But Kekkaishi problem is still there.

edit: Forgot, using RC2 btw.

(post from some days ago) That's a nice list. I just wonder: do the issue games you mention behave the same in discex-format?

And also: when you say "they work in CFG"...that's the CFG on real nand? (there is a mod out for uneek)
i had this 2 problematic games in 3 different setups:

- 1 FULL WFBS
- 1 WFBS game partition only
- ExData format

although ExData format throws the same error on Arc Rise Fantasia while Kekkaishi just stucks with infinite spinning disc

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@akari212
Like I've said before, that problem only happens with the PROPER undub of Arc Rise Fantasia. Get the other one.
We've tested that like 7 months ago with Overjoy, it never worked on standard SNEEK/UNEEK.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@akari212
Like I've said before, that problem only happens with the PROPER undub of Arc Rise Fantasia. Get the other one.
We've tested that like 7 months ago with Overjoy, it never worked on standard SNEEK/UNEEK.
ok then. im not going to bother about arc rise fantasia. but kekkaishi is still had the said problem. Kekkaishi works on DiscEx Format, not in wbfs.

edit: I tested one of my gamecube games and convert them to wbfs.

System Menu 4.3 USA
Gamecube : Puyo Pop Fever [USA] = Works

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a quick test this morning, and RC2 does fix Wii Fit & Wii Fit Plus. I also re-tested 2 games that have multiple partitions (Smash Bros & Mario Kart), and both games worked. On SSBB you can't play the masterpiece games - the wii resets - but they are playable on cIOS. Nice work!! :D

Akari - I think that the problem with kekkaishi is that it is an out of region game. You are using a USA wii, correct? If so, some out of region games work (i.e. Fatal Frame 4), but others like Pikmin 2 require you to play them on a emu nand of the correct region. Finally, there are some out of region games that don't work regardless of what you do (Disaster Day of Crisis), but they will work for people that have a wii of the correct region.

OverjoY has said before that he is not working on the out of region issue until after the official release, so any new revisions until then will not address this problem.

Reactions: 1 person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...I'm really not in an environment to test the upcoming days ( :( ), but...can someone please take a look at super paper mario NTSC? I wanted to quickly check it out in RC2, but it hung on loading the banner. Perhaps it works on a NTSC nand (only tested on a PAL one), but I can barely move behind the wii right now. Or connect to a PC. Or play a game.

(there ARE disadvantages to spending time at your girlfriends' house).

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Akari - I think that the problem with kekkaishi is that it is an out of region game. You are using a USA wii, correct? If so, some out of region games work (i.e. Fatal Frame 4), but others like Pikmin 2 require you to play them on a emu nand of the correct region. Finally, there are some out of region games that don't work regardless of what you do (Disaster Day of Crisis), but they will work for people that have a wii of the correct region.

out of region issue is not really a problem. OverJoy did suggest me to install multple nands on my console, which is now I had like 4 NANDS on my console. (USA, KOR, EUR and JPN) I usually test games that is in region first. Like kekkaishi, I usually test it on JPN NAND and the issue is just still there. To make it worst, instead of making an error like "Unable to read Disc" just like in beta39, the disc on disc channel spins infinitely and wont finish, entering the cDI menu make the SM hangs for good.

OverjoY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

out of region issue is not really a problem. OverJoy did suggest me to install multple nands on my console, which is now I had like 4 NANDS on my console. (USA, KOR, EUR and JPN) I usually test games that is in region first. Like kekkaishi, I usually test it on JPN NAND and the issue is just still there. To make it worst, instead of making an error like "Unable to read Disc" just like in beta39, the disc on disc channel spins infinitely and wont finish, entering the cDI menu make the SM hangs for good.

When I see you on IRC I'll try to fix those games, but since I don't own them myself you gotta help me with it.

@ Testers:

I made a hardcoded fix for Metroid Other M. It is tested with the PAL version of the game on a 4.2e nand and the update partition wasn't removed.

Now I need to know if the fix is also working for the other regions and if the update partition is removed.

OverjoY

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question does compatibility change between multiple nands having a SM4.1-4.3? I read the reports of compatibility among u/k/e/j nands.

bseos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

When I see you on IRC I'll try to fix those games, but since I don't own them myself you gotta help me with it.

@ Testers:

I made a hardcoded fix for Metroid Other M. It is tested with the PAL version of the game on a 4.2e nand and the update partition wasn't removed.

Now I need to know if the fix is also working for the other regions and if the update partition is removed.

OverjoY

i thought the whole point of an emu nand, in respects to game backups, was so that patches n fixes wouldn't have to be made on occasion for specific games.. that everything would work as you would expect it to had you inserted and played off the dvd. If this is the case, why not just stick with loaders if you're solely using it for game backups?

I am interested to know why it is that Metroid other M requires a fix?

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought the whole point of an emu nand, in respects to game backups, was so that patches n fixes wouldn't have to be made on occasion for specific games.. that everything would work as you would expect it to had you inserted and played off the dvd. If this is the case, why not just stick with loaders if you're solely using it for game backups?

I am interested to know why it is that Metroid other M requires a fix?

The point of an emu nand is that you can run everything off a HDD instead of using your actual nand, which gradually deteriorates as temporary files, saves, etc. are written and deleted. A second benefit to using an emu nand is that you use official nintendo IOS to run everything. This makes it harder for anti-piracy measures to work, and it is why games like Driver San Francisco (which have new AP protection) work just fine with the new cDI.

For the official SNEEK or the new cDI, there are all sorts of bugs that can make a game unplayable. Have you ever used the older versions of SNEEK? Those versions had plenty of problems, but performance has improved substantially since then. Regardless of whether you use SNEEK, cDI, or cIOS, there are always going to be problematic games that need a patch/fix, but all 3 of these methods now have very high compatibility (~99%) . I don't know what the exact problem is with Metroid, but perhaps one of the devs will elaborate on this. Hope this explanation helps.

On a separate topic, Kylster I don't think that the system menu version matters. I even have a SM1.0 nand and the cDI works fine on that too! The only thing that is important is that all the IOS used for running games are current (4.3 update).

Wever I re-tested Paper Mario (NTSC) again and it is working fine. Enjoy the girlfriend!! :D

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country

@ Testers:

OverjoY
OK. I'll be there later on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1