OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Square Enix's role-playing game Final Fantasy XIII is a PlayStation 3. (And an Xbox 360 game!) But at one time, the game was running on the PS2.

Early artwork and screens have been published in two new books from Square Enix, giving insight into the game's design process. These test version images date pre-E3 2006 when the game was announced, and thus, are logically running on the PS2.

The art direction is different than what appeared in the final product, and the character models look to be stand-ins for the test version. The battle user interface doesn't look that different, however.

Test Image 1
Test Image 2
Test Image 3
Test Image 4
Test Image 5
Source

Pictures are a little big, so I just linked them.
Interesting so see though. o.o

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
nitrostemp said:
reminded me of zelda wind waker graphics

I think those are the stand-in models for more realistic looking ones later. See the first two images and you'll know what I mean.

How many discs would this be, I'm wondering?

Most last gen games didn't use 2/3s are there disk space.There where FEW last gen games on the ps2 that uses two disks.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Probably three. The PS2 used the same medium as the Xbox 360 (DVD9), and it should be similar in size. Maybe it could even be on two discs, as the PS2 wouldn't need HD videos.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
nitrostemp said:
reminded me of zelda wind waker graphics

I think those are the stand-in models for more realistic looking ones later. See the first two images and you'll know what I mean.

Probably a single dual layer, they probably wouldn't have been as wasteful with the disk space due to the restrictions (not to mention they wouldn't have needed as much space for high-poly models and high-res textures).

Although if I'm remembering right, some of FFXII's sound quality was reduced due to space reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later