tempStyle 2 Black now available

ts2black.png

After a beta test by our lovely patrons I am proud to announce that tempStyle 2 Black is now available to all!

As requested, compared to the current Dark theme; tempStyle 2 Black is just that - black. It features completely blacked out backgrounds across the site, which should be optimal for OLED displays.

The entire site has been skinned, but as always, if you notice anything we might have missed or any inconsistencies or just have any general feedback on the thread - please let us know below!

:arrow: To change skin simply choose the skin selector in the footer (bottom-left) or click here and choose 'tempStyle 2 Black'!

Please enjoy!

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The URL bar in Chrome is the wrong color

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180917-125302.png
    Screenshot_20180917-125302.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 138

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is all I will look at lol My eyes get murdered by bright backgrounds (white)
The first thing I learned at school was, that dark backgrounds and white letters are bad for your eyes. Maybe this is false though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool stuff

Douglas Adams in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe said:
"That," he said, "that… is really bad for the eyes." It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It’s so… black!" said Ford Prefect. "You can hardly make out its shape… light just seems to fall into it!"

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it…" said Ford in wonder.

"It’s the wild colour scheme that freaks me," said Zaphod whose love affair with this ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight, "Every time you try to operate on of these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you’ve done it. What is this? Some kind of galactic hyperhearse?"

Reactions: sarkwalvein

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll stick with dark theme. Black's very nice but whenever there's a white siggy or avatar it's like looking at the sun by comparison.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I still want there to be a "Top" button at each comment like how it is with the old theme. If you guys would actually make that happen on the newer themes then I would feel that it is worth justifying to contribute to the patreon.

Reactions: shaunj66

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@shaunj66 Is the shoutbox supposed to have a lighter background than everything else on the frontpage? I assumed it was just one of the things that hadn't been edited yet but it's still like that.
Though, I kinda like how it looks and would prefer if it was like that everywhere.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1