Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone,
We have been down for the past 24 hours due to a hardware default on our server. This is caused by a known kernel issue that crashes the server and its remote control hardware (making it impossible to reboot without a physical intervention). The issue occurs when our uptime is too long... oh, the irony! Hey server, you might want to reboot every now and then...
I will remove this message from the homepage in the next couple of hours.
Sorry about the inconvenience caused! It's good to be back!
Costello

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Glad you're back. I know a bit about servers and it sounds like you need some better remote control hardware. You can get kit that allows you to remotely control and view the screen of a server, even when it's switched off, and see all the BIOS screens etc. Such hardware should be completely immune from any software problems.

DRAC for Dell and iLO for HP are the 2 I use at work. I hate it when I come across servers without it set up.

Reactions: pelago

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,
We have been down for the past 24 hours due to a hardware default on our server. This is caused by a known kernel issue that crashes the server and its remote control hardware (making it impossible to reboot without a physical intervention). The issue occurs when our uptime is too long... oh, the irony! Hey server, you might want to reboot every now and then...
I will remove this message from the homepage in the next couple of hours.
Sorry about the inconvenience caused! It's good to be back!
Costello

you posted in the wrong forum
and I'm sorry to tell you that I think the problem is on your end, no issues here whatsoever

I'm sorry, what were you lying?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Didn't really notice it was down. I thought it was on my end so I just went on with my current hobbies.

But I'm glad it's back up though.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Inconvenience? Quite the opposite, the Temp finally works on Opera Mini - no more silly and slow proxies for me, woo-hoo!
Ironically, Opera Mini is a proxy, it gets the web pages from Opera's servers (which fetch them for you and then compress them). If you're looking for an actual Opera-engine-based browser, you want Opera Mobile, not Mini.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ironically, Opera Mini is a proxy, it gets the web pages from Opera's servers (which fetch them for you and then compress them). If you're looking for an actual Opera-engine-based browser, you want Opera Mobile, not Mini.
I realize that, however the proxy Opera Mini uses was blocked before (for whatever reason) so it wasn't usable - I had to use a proxy on a proxy (proxeption) which was not pleasant. I did try Mobile, however my ancient handset had too little internal memory to pull it off properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp