Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... This probably sounds really stupid, but my favorite and happiest memory this year was on January 1st when my whole entire family sat down and we all played 'Mario Kart: Double Dash!!' right after the ball dropped. I honestly only wanted to do it initially because I happened to score a set of GameCube component cables the week prior (for only $15!) and hadn't had the chance to use them because we setup our first ever HD TV on December 31st 2011. (Yes, we were late to jump on the HDTV wagon...)
Again, it's a very small moment, but one that has managed to stick out in my mind. :P (And also... I suck at Mario Kart apparently D:)

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My happiest memory... hmm.... I guess it's when I was on holiday in England with my father and grandfather, we usually go there every summer but this time it wasn't certain if we would be going because my father was still fighting off the effects of non hodgkin's lymphoma. When I heard he was well enough and we would be going I was very happy. Not per se because of the fact that the trip wasn't cancelled, but the fact that my father's health was well enough to allow it. We had a great time down in Cornwall and I hope there will be many more times to come

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had two very happy moments in this year.
Firstly, I got tickets for Slash's 2013 concert (I'm a huge Slash fan btw. :)), a few weeks after that, I've met with a very smart, and beautiful girl. :)

I hope that's not problem that I've written two. These memories were so close to each other. :)

Toa_235

Romantic_Carpet
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Croatia
the happiest moment of the past year was this tempmas, mostly because I hated xmas before, it sucked for my entire childhood, college too ... the whole tempmas idea
so for starters I won the Tempmas week #2 prize, which made me kinda happy because I've never won a thing in my life
and on the very tempmas day I had the time of my life, with the love of my life

D-Trogh

Trophies
Website
promh.freehostia.com
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't believe in the happiest memory. But looking back, here is one:
Getting my driver's licence and not too long after that driving a couple of hundred kilometres to an other country to stay at an hotel with my girlfriend.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Happy memory was... finally being able to move on from my ex girlfriend.. and the life that I had to live when I was with her and when she left me.
A happier memory is that I've found someone I'd really love to share my life with.
The happiest memory to be this year is winning that Wii U. :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think graduating from high school like a bunch of others here. It's a bit sad to leave most of your old friends behind, but at the same time going to college/university is awesome.

akuchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mine would have to be the trip to Bali my brother organised for his wedding. Great experience, and really relaxing few days to get away from all the troubles.

Nooz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My happiest moment was when my sister was born. The same day, my Pikachu got to the level 73 (or so) :D

camus24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My happiest memory this year was saw my little niece playing with me all the time, she prefers me over everything, just because I make her laugh a lot, I play on the floor, run like an idiot and is just for her.

Joanified

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
my most awesome moment- the day my team presented our final year project, which was a mobile game. The awesomeness when you could show others the game you have spent sleepless nights on. Ahhh.. now I feel like making one more...

Rukia-san

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My happiest moment of 2012 is most definitely seeing my sister for the first time after 4 years of separation! We were unable to see each other for various privates reasons and when I left she was merely 16 years old, I left a teenage and when we met again she was a woman. She was and still is not only my sister but my best friend as well as a little bit like my own child, we certainly hadn't had the best parent, so we had to rely on each others growing up, she kept me sane to be honest.

While waiting for her at the airport I was really nervous, I had so many questions and insecurities (are we going to have much in common anymore? are we going to feel that same sisterly connection like before? Are we going to feel awkward? What are we going to talk about all day long?...etc.) but when I saw her standing there waiting for me, I couldn't help myself but cry, I was sure that we are going to be alright! I hugged her with all my love! I can't tell you how happy I was! I can't tell you how damn much I've missed her. I don't know how long we stood there hugging each other (laughing and crying), it was amazing! She changed so much, even tho we talked and "saw" each other thanks to Skype, it was definitely not the same. It's weird you know... All my memory of her were with a kid and bam! here she is much taller than me and looking like a grown-up, it was kinda like a brutal update haha.

We spent summer together and it was the best summer of my life, I adore my little sister and I can't wait to see her again this upcoming summer.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Losing my job that took me all over the country living from day to day in hotels was the best thing that happened to me , i now work testing for electrical safety on the housing estate i live on , i see my family all day everyday , take my kids to school and all those other family things , that were previously just info over the nightly phone calls .. Wether i win a WiiU or not wont change how happy this change in my life constantly gratifies me.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved into my first apartment in November of 2011. A few months later, February 2012 to be exact, there was a malfunctioning pilot light that caused the wiring to catch on fire. Bad enough, one would think. Problem is I have a lot of electronics that were not in any sort of cabinet (just lieing on the floor). And in the rush of getting my butt out of the studio apartment I didnt think to grab one or two of the more expensive items. And worse yet.....no renters insurance. so if anything got ruined, i would have been screwed in a massive way.

Well a couple hours later, after the firefighters left my apartment and i finished talking with the red cross reps about a temporary living situation, i entered the apartment to see how bad the damage was. carpet ruined. massive smell that eventually led to the drywall being replaced. but my wii, the tv and my wd live hub were all still working perfectly (just had some soot on them).

so all things considered i was very happy with how a potentially horrible situation turned into just a sizeable inconvenience. no ruined electronics and the red cross took care of me very well in terms of living and eating expenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch