Tempmas 2011 Week 2 Results!

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
gallery_255_3_13177.png
It's time to announce the results of yet another exciting week of Tempmas! You will be amused to learn that among the 560 members that entered the quiz, only 160 members got the first 9 questions right. If you are unsure whether or not you got them all right, check the answers below:​
  1. Question 1: How many tracks are available in total in Mario Kart 7? 32
  2. Question 2: What is the name of the latest Batman game released a few weeks ago? Batman: Arkham City
  3. Question 3: What is the official North American release date of the PS Vita? February 22, 2012
  4. Question 4: Uncharted Golden Abyss is a game that is exclusive to... the PS Vita
  5. Question 5: Lionhead Games caused quite the uproar among their Fable fanbase as they announced that the next game in their popular franchise (note: probably more of a spin-off than an actual sequel) would be... a rail shooter
  6. Question 6: Rayman Origins is a long-established platform game franchise belonging to... Ubisoft
  7. Question 7: From which of the following was this screenshot taken? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  8. Question 8: From which of the following games was this screenshot taken? Double Dragon 3: Rosetta Stone
  9. Question 9: From which game was this screenshot taken? Pitfall the Mayan Adventure
  10. Question 10: How many unique visitors did GBAtemp.net receive over the entire month of November 2011? 973,302 unique visitors
Among those who answered the first 9 questions right, we checked whose guess for question 10 was closest to the actual unique visitor count. Well congratulations to Guy.brush for your accurate guess, you nailed it with 980,000 ! You win the first prize, 3 commercial games of your choice, shipped to you all charges included. First runner-up is EpicJungle with a nice guess of 950,000. Second runner-up is MARECLO with 1,000,000. Contact me via PM to arrange delivery of your prize. Note: shipping of prizes from the merchandise store will take place in January, thanks for your patience.​

Tempmas Week 3

Your favorite person in the world (after Santa Claus) a.k.a. Costello is busy setting up the next round of Tempmas. It's something special that needs a bit of time to set up so please be patient - it'll be up in the next couple of days.​

Our sponsor

We would like to thank our sponsor Etcome.com for providing us with financial resources for both supporting the site expenses and allowing us to get our community awesome gifts throughout all of the Tempmas events! If you are thankful like us, use Etcome for your next online purchases!​

Reactions: 5 people

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Congratulations to the winners, you guys deserve it :)

As for the quiz, the multiple choice questions were pretty easy, you could google most of them, except the fable one was a bit of a debate. The two screenshots could also found easily by reverse image searching. Google was making very good guesses with both games. I was actually way off with the unique views however... I checked a ranking website that also listed unique views. I facepalmed hard when I read about the skyward sword leak, because the number I found turned out to be 8 times larger...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got all the questions right but was thinking something around 380k. Do you know how much GBAtemp grew in the past 3 years Costello, do you have the numbers/statistics?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My only problem with the Fable question was this:
- Gamers got upset because it resembled on on-rails shooter due to the navigation being pulled for that particular demo.
- It is not entirely on rails. That implies you have no control over where you're going. That has not been confirmed in any sense. In fact, they went into detail about how you would control the horse and carriage for navigation.
- In the end, it is simply a first person shooter until there is a release far enough along in development to display every game play element.

As it stands, that was a question that was formed around assumptions and the words of a single man. We've seen many times that the words of one person can be misleading.

Regardless, my guess was far off and that doesn't matter. I just couldn't state this in the actual quiz thread, for obvious reasons, and I wanted to get it out there.

Congratulations to the winners. You're better at the number guessing game than I will ever be. :P

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow my guess was something around 50.000, not even close. :P

Congrats to the winners and especially Guy.brush who was insanely close

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gah! All first 9 were right and the last one was about 1,300,000 IIRC. Not that bad and far off, though clearly many have put 1,000,000 ± a few thousand (now that I think about it, it's quite clear why.. 1 million is a nice round number :P).

-Qtis

ps. @Costello: Do you happen to have a statistic of what the unique visitor amount was when a Pokémon game like Black/White was released/other possible peak time (which I couldn't imagine)? I presume it was higher than HGSS after which I decided to avoid most of GBAtemp when the next game was released (and I was clearly right considering the flood of pokémon related posts back then) :P

EDIT: Also a big congratulations to all the winners! Good answers on the first ones and quite good guesses on the last question :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh. I got the answer to the first 9 questions, but my guess to question 10 was off by a factor of 10 (I think I guessed about 95,000). Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1