GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
The first clue was obvious but with the last wood firmware 1.20 just released and its misleading poem It was tricky... It takes me a while to search for something else like filetrip...

Costello said:
GH0ST said:
Congratulations to the winners and to the Gbateam. Who was the first to complete the Tempmas... The PI ?
a guy called Rowan, he finished it within the first few hours!
didnt win anything, sadly...

That's awesome ... he deserves a special price ...
Costello said:
QUOTE(monkat @ Dec 26 2010, 10:44 PM)
...3DStemp?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a duplicate....
...say the frustrated, bad mouthed losers
yaynds.gif

this is a perfectly valid winning entry.
not a duplicate, not behind a proxy/VPN, just a regular user who thought he'd enjoy tempmas with the rest of us
smile.gif

edit: I may have spoken too fast... even though he passed all our tests (IP verifications etc.), our secret detective p1ngpong found out that its actually (99% confirmed) Hatsu!
so we'll need to do a redraw for 1 prize if its confirmed ...
... If any...

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
edit: I may have spoken too fast... even though he passed all our tests (IP verifications etc.), our secret detective p1ngpong found out that its actually (99% confirmed) Hatsu!
so we'll need to do a redraw for 1 prize if its confirmed ...

*ahem*

I hate to say i told you so, but....

I think I deserve an apology.

/pain-in-the-ass

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congrats to the winners.
smile.gif

I'm just happy that I was actually able to solve the riddles myself, although, well actually there was a slight difference in how I did it.

I think I did it so early that things changed a little, when I got to the tutorial video on youtube, I checked out the GBAtemp youtube channel, and it was there that I saw the video for the G-online clue, not on GBAtemp TV.

Was my entry still valid? After all, there's proof on the GBAtemp youtube channel that they may've removed the clue at some point, since there was a user talking about "the weird final fantasy video"

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think this was rigged.

First of all, if I wanted to get flashcart files, I wouldn't go to Filetrip, I'd go to the manufacturer's website.
Second, if I got a $50,000 coupon for Shoptemp, I'd say "Holy crap, I've got a virus! I mean, shoptemp doesn't even ship anything anymore."

Just my 2 cents.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
Personally, I think this was rigged.

First of all, if I wanted to get flashcart files, I wouldn't go to Filetrip, I'd go to the manufacturer's website.
Second, if I got a $50,000 coupon for Shoptemp, I'd say "Holy crap, I've got a virus! I mean, shoptemp doesn't even ship anything anymore."

Just my 2 cents.

OHMAIGOD A VIRUS THAT EDITS OTHER PEOPLE'S WEBPAGES TO DISPLAY A VAGUE MESSAGE ABOUT A COUPON FOR SOMETHING!

THOSE TRICKY TRICKY HACKERS

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh fuck... I feel like swimming all the way and drowning at the seashore...
How the hell was I supposed to know I should add the "minus" (-) sign on the search? For me it says exactluy like this:
"Search for "TEMPMAS" followed by the number corresponding to the ID of the person in charge of magazine staff for more information."
No minus. For whoever got the "TM-HUNT-" clue, it was easier, since it alreay got the minus sign... Unfair.
But ok, winners are winners, losers are losers (isn't that a saying like "Winners keepers?" or something like that?)

Congrats to the champions.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey lolzed, remember that favour you owe me...?
ninja.gif

Congratulations though.
hrth.gif

Realistically, the R4i was as high as I had expected to get, and I was also one of those that suspected a Tempcard would be the mystery prize.
yaynds.gif

The hunt was great fun, so thanks to those who arranged it.
smile.gif
I was actually the third person to finish. Once I managed to get the Tempcast clue (i.e. realising I had to download the logo) I shot through the rest of it. In total it only took me maybe 3 hours or so.

I admit, I did go an unorthodox way about the second clue though; I went to Another World's profile, and found the Tempmas version uploaded when I changed the URL to take me to Costello's profile.
laugh.gif

As soon as I had the Tempcast clue I immediately went to Episode 12 because I knew about it (I wasn't here for the 2008 competition, but I remember "I wonder what you'd see if you looked at the answer in the glossary"). I guess I know my way around here pretty well.
wink.gif

I may not have won, but I have more than enough to buy a 3DS when they're on general sale anyway, but thanks again for the competition. It was fun!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used a... different... way to find the tempcast clue. I had no idea about Ep 12, but because IE refused to load the page correctly I tried checking out the source, and I found one of the MP3 files was uploaded to gbatemp.net/up and had a weird name. Copied and pasted that in the adress bar to get the clue.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, the first clue was really that? I was trying to find another clue in the poem since that seemed far too obvious and more of an easter egg than a clue. plus I had no idea where to go with it but the r4i website, which lead nowhere...

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
he first clue was obvious but with the last wood firmware 1.20 just released and its misleading poem It was tricky...

yea,that's why i asked if there were fake clue,i tought the poem was the clue! and here's the funny thing... since the poem said that the goblins were waiting for "another world" i tought it was referring to the fact that the last firmware added compatibility to ninokuni (which is also called ninokuni - the another world) so when i went to the ninokuni page i was pissed because i didn't know if i was on the right track or not because the contest was so vague
wacko.gif
i think once again the rule should have been more clear....

also i had a little trouble with clue number 3,i don't understand spoken english very well but i couldn't say that because that would spoil the nature of the clue so it was quite frustating to me.... i would have trascribed what it said,put it into a txt file and put that txt file in the "download" section,that way it also hides the whole thing better since you don't notice one of the podcast has a much shorter description and a lack of download button

K

Kurisuellegarden

Dam it.
frown.gif
I lost. I was for sure hoping I won. I hope you enjoy my 3DS.
smile.gif
xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof