Homebrew TempGBA - Super Mario Advance 4 issues

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I just checked the TempGBA compatibility wiki for Super Mario Advance 4, and it says there should be no problems. I just tried a game, however, and though it does not have the usual SMA4 problem ("Your save data has been corrupted.") when the game starts, the background music is either just very loud fuzz or not existent. The game then freezes at the overworld as soon as Mario tries to move onto the first level tile from the center of the map.

I was just wondering if there was an easy way to fix this or if it's a bug to be reported. Thanks in advance! (Game Boy Advance, that is! :sp: *runs from the pun police*)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before or after this?

sma4_0629223849.png

I am definitely not experiencing the issues you describe, including the odd "loud distorted or nothing" audio. Check your ROM.

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as soon as a new game is made, after the intro sequence. When Mario is in the overworld, moving to the first square from the center of the map.

Edit: So, before your picture, that is.

I'll check if my rom is the problem.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's as soon as a new game is made, after the intro sequence. When Mario is in the overworld, moving to the first square from the center of the map.

Edit: So, before your picture, that is.

I'll check if my rom is the problem.
Moving from the center of the map? For me, using the ROM dump whose information follows, Mario moves from one square below the upper-left corner of the map, moving to World 1 Level 1 using the keys Right, Up.

Do you have a ROM hack which happens to be made exclusively for a certain emulator, like VisualBoyAdvance for PC?
_________
ROM dump information

Name: Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
Maps to scene release number: 2161
Version: 1.1
Size: 32 Mbit (4,194,304 bytes)
CRC32: 88DAB27F

Wolvenreign

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know....hm. I'll try another source.

Edit: Your suspicion was spot on. Turns out I was using the rom that was hacked to allow the E-Card levels and powers to be used.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...