Temper Tantrums #13 - The Perfect Setup

Temper Tantrums (the GBAtemp webcomic) - issue #13 "The Perfect Setup"

By @shaunj66[prebreak][/prebreak]

Thanks to @Quantumcat for the technical assistance with this issue!

< Previous comic | Next comic >

13.jpg

< Previous comic | Next comic >

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so far I only finished 4-5 games on 3DS. I concluded that perhaps I only needed to play mario games for the rest of my life. the rest of the 3ds games were not that interesting somehow despite their quality.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to play one console excessively for a while, and then leave it to gather dust for a while during which time I'm playing other games. My 3DS is in a "lapse" cycle now, but I still use it fairly regularly, even now that FreeShop no longer works - between my DS and 3DS libraries I have plenty of games to play on the console without piracy.

Sometimes the tinkering and customizing is most of the fun!
2012-12-31.jpg

Dillw33d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is true for many things in my life. My steam library, my applications on my phone, on my pc, and my other games off of steam. I'm not sure if it's really a bad thing, but it does make me question my thought process.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is painfully true...:( but I had lot's of fun modding it. The most amazing thing was sending my modded/bricked 3DS for a free repair to Nintendo and lying my butt off saying I dropped it while it was updating and they actually for fell for it:rofl2:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Doesn't apply to me.

I took a look at the 3ds library, figured out 3ds has no games, especially not having done so much during the GBA and DS era*, and skipped getting a 3ds at all for myself.

*for me the DS took all that made the GBA great and improved upon that. The 3ds at best was content to tread water and at worst bled all the interesting developers, and middle ground suffered the "we cloned a good game without an understanding of what made the original good" problem.

Had I got myself a 3ds though it absolutely would have applied.
You're missing out on the Zero Escape series!..... unless you got them on Vita

Also, did @seren3 get credit for the idea?
It's occurred to me that I spend more time loading my 3ds full of games and arranging them nicely on my home menu than I do actually playing them. I hear people here talk about "Pirate's Syndrome." I could imagine Tempy loading up his 3ds, ricing it out with custom themes and updating all his software, then when he's got everything set up and meticulously alphabetized, he tosses it aside, like "meh".

Or, maybe that's just me and I need to find a new hobby.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Used soundhax and safehax/udsploit to install cfw. I was lucky enough to be on 11.3 cuz I could only use homebrew on menuhax (til I found out about CFW ;)). Didn’t have a flashcart back then. But I still got everything, my n3ds is hacked as hell and I use it to this day.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you don't put a truck load of games on your 3DS all at once. Too much of a choice is a bad thing, even though that sounds dumb. I used to put a few games at a time, and complete them, then move on. :D I got a ton of hours out of my hacked 3DS!

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far