dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone again,

I'm trying to figure out how to return back to stock temporarily. I downgraded back to 9.2 stock and when i whip the SD card i find that i will only get a blue light flash once and turns back off. I put the luma files in the sd card and it starts up again. Is there a way to remove the luma chainloader and reboot normally?

This is just temporary and will be going back to cfw and it also give me a chance to learn how to rollback to 100% stock if required in the future.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends, do you have A9LH or do you have B9S?

Also, if you have B9S, was it A9LH prior to that?

Lastly, is this an o3DS or a n3DS, it makes a difference.

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure,
It was running 10.7.0-20e with luma3ds and hack was done using 3ds.guide. b9s is installed into a fresh n3ds xl. No A9LH.

Many Thanks

Last edited by dragon184,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure,
It was running 10.7.0-20e with luma3ds and hack was done using 3ds.guide. b9s is installed into a fresh n3ds xl. No A9LH.

Many Thanks
Sorry, didn't get a notification because you didn't quote my post. So luckily there is a way to go back to stock if you have one of two things:

1. The firm0firm1.bak file made by SafeB9SInstaller. Should be in the boot9strap folder on your SD card.
  2. A full NAND backup from before installing B9S.

Do you know if you have either of those?

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, didn't get a notification because you didn't quote my post. So luckily there is a way to go back to stock if you have one of two things:

1. The firm0firm1.bak file made by SafeB9SInstaller. Should be in the boot9strap folder on your SD card.
  2. A full NAND backup from before installing B9S.

Do you know if you have either of those?

I have sysNAND.bin and sysNAND.bin.sha after i have downgraded using Decrypt9. When i was on 10.7 and tried restoring 9.2it gave an error saying something like it's not for my 3DS and backup failed. Does it have to be on the same version to restore the nand?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sysNAND.bin and sysNAND.bin.sha after i have downgraded using Decrypt9. When i was on 10.7 and tried restoring 9.2it gave an error saying something like it's not for my 3DS and backup failed. Does it have to be on the same version to restore the nand?
Those would be from after you already hacked, not from before, so those won't suffice unfortunately. How about the firm0firm1.bak? B9S alters firm0 and firm1 to apply the hack. firm0firm1.bak is a backup of your original stock firm0 and firm1. Restoring that would be the only way of bringing your console back to stock until someone makes a B9S Uninstaller.

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Those would be from after you already hacked, not from before, so those won't suffice unfortunately. How about the firm0firm1.bak? B9S alters firm0 and firm1 to apply the hack. firm0firm1.bak is a backup of your original stock firm0 and firm1. Restoring that would be the only way of bringing your console back to stock until someone makes a B9S Uninstaller.

the 9.2 backup was made prior to starting the hacks. Made after http://extranullbyte.com/downgrade-11-2-to-9-2-no-hardmod/ and before 3ds.guide

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i made 3 backup and foldered them.

SysNAND Backup N3DS-9.2.0-20e-DOWNGRADED-STOCK > Using downgrader
SysNAND Backup N3DS-10.7.0-20e-STOCK > updated with a game
SysNAND Backup N3DS-10.7.0-20e-Luma3DS > CFW installed

Reactions: Ryccardo

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 9.2 backup was made prior to starting the hacks. Made after http://extranullbyte.com/downgrade-11-2-to-9-2-no-hardmod/ and before 3ds.guide
Oh! So if I understand, your downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2. Then you made a NAND backup. Then B9S was installed is that right? If that's the case and your 9.2 backup is "stock" then doing a full restore instead of a safe restore would remove B9S and bring your console back to stock.

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh! So if I understand, your downgraded from 10.7 to 9.2. Then you made a NAND backup. Then B9S was installed is that right? If that's the case and your 9.2 backup is "stock" then doing a full restore instead of a safe restore would remove B9S and bring your console back to stock.

Sorry just one more. How come when I was on 10.7 and tried to restore using a 9.2 nand backup. How come it says it's not for my 3ds restore failed?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry just one more. How come when I was on 10.7 and tried to restore using a 9.2 nand backup. How come it says it's not for my 3ds restore failed?
Was it a backup of your own console? You can't restore another console's NAND backup. You are lucky it gave you a warning, if it did it anyway you would have a brick now.

dragon184

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Was it a backup of your own console? You can't restore another console's NAND backup. You are lucky it gave you a warning, if it did it anyway you would have a brick now.

Whew, just tried another backup and it's restoring now. Lucky i made multiple backups :)

SysNAND Backup N3DS-10.7.0-20e-STOCK

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Final word everyone. The restore completed and it's definitely stock now. Many thanks!

Reactions: Enovale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: