Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you do. You need a PC or a phone currently. Until the point when you don't this is better.
Phone is way more convenient since everyone has it - and soon you won't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Again you are being vague without using any evidence to back up your claims. Where are you getting information that we will have an untethered exploit? Because right now I haven't seen any actual sources that prove that. Only people saying it will happen without evidence.
I can't talk about it too much but F-G is not the only exploit in the bootrom.

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think im gonna regret anything. I might pick up the TX dongle, i might not. No two situations are the same. This isnt the 3ds scene.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a PC.

WHY SPEND MONEY WHEN YOU CAN DO THE LITERAL EXACT SAME THING FOR F R E E
And again... how does expending money for that product makes people insane?

If you want to compare apples to oranges, im probably insane since i do expend money from time to time on illustrations commissions, considering i could have done it by myself for free or just try to request it for free...

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a PC.

WHY SPEND MONEY WHEN YOU CAN DO THE LITERAL EXACT SAME THING FOR F R E E
every one gets what your saying we know you can do it for free but others do what they want with there own money and there is no way for us to stop them from spending it how they would like if they would like to buy the TX stuff that's what they are going to do and you telling them you can do it for free is not going to stop them.
Its just better to drop it and move on.

Reactions: KingMuk

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If they're building it on a budget, no.

There's also the high ban risk associated with it (in the first month or so at least) while Nintendo goes into overdrive trying to stop this from taking hold.

Personally, I'd recommend watching how it unfolds before you put the order down. We know Nintendo don't play around in situations like these, and there's no (known) way to un-ban a Switch at the moment either.
I don’t play onlie , I don’t like to ,, so how are they going to ban me ???

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every one gets what your saying we know you can do it for free but others do what they want with there own money and there is no way for us to stop them from spending it how they would like if they would like to buy the TX stuff that's what they are going to do and you telling them you can do it for free is not going to stop them.
Its just better to drop it and move on.
Just sucks that people will willingly be misinformed and stupid, just to prove a point.

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t play onlie , I don’t like to ,, so how are they going to ban me ???

Unless you completely turn off WiFi, they'll find a way just like they did with the 3DS. You didn't have to play online for your console seed to be banned (see the last 2 - 3 banwaves towards the end of 2017). Just having a connection to the internet was enough.

If you don't play with WiFi on - who cares. It has no means of "phoning home" or doing anything sneaky but at the detriment of "ease of use" (auto-updating apps, Free-Shop clone etc etc).

Last edited by Flying Scotsman,
Reactions: matias3ds

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you gave someone money for a commission, and they said "I'll do it for free." would you still pay? The point is not "spending money is insane." the point is that YOU'RE SPENDING MONEY TO GET SOMETHING THAT IS F R E E
dude. chill the fuck out.

from what i can tell, atmosphere doesnt have a backup loader nor a way to switch games real time like this does. So thats why i'd buy a dongle.

We dont know anything about what TX is doing here other than they have a mod menu up.

The only thing that is free here is atmosphere. Which TX 100000% is not using. So no, TX's product is not free on a hardware or software level (hardware obviously)

igivenup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you gave someone money for a commission, and they said "I'll do it for free." would you still pay? The point is not "spending money is insane." the point is that YOU'RE SPENDING MONEY TO GET SOMETHING THAT IS F R E E
That nice dongle isn't free ;). Quality jigs aren't free either. USB C cable isn't free if you don't have pro controller.

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

from what i can tell, atmosphere doesnt have a backup loader nor a way to switch games real time like this does. So thats why i'd buy a dongle.

We dont know anything about what TX is doing here other than they have a mod menu up.

The only thing that is free here is atmosphere. Which TX 100000% is not using. So no, TX's product is not free on a hardware or software level (hardware obviously)
Atmosphere has both a backup loader and a way to switch games - it's just re-written Horizon + installing apps

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just sucks that people will willingly be misinformed and stupid, just to prove a point.
And the point that people can be informed and buy the dongle anyway?
I would probably accept, since it is coming from the SAME person i would be paying. This situation isnt exaclty the same as that... you have the guy you are paying for and the other guy who does it for free. If the guy you are paying for does the job faster, efficiently and good enough, i would go for that if i find the price reasonable.

SciresM already stated that athmosphere is still a long way to go, and he wont be providing backup loader tools. Even if the community offers them for free in a separate fork, it will still take even more time.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unless you completely turn off WiFi, they'll find a way just like they did with the 3DS. You didn't have to play online for your console seed to be banned (see the last 2 - 3 banwaves towards the end of 2017). Just having a connection to the internet was enough.

If you don't play with WiFi on - who cares.
Thats right I would have my switch in Airplane mode , I play rh games with no connection as a played when internet connection wasn’t available

Kipz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the point that people can be informed and buy the dongle anyway?

I would probably accept, since it is coming from the SAME person i would be paying. This situation isnt exaclty the same as that... you have the guy you are paying for and the other guy who does it for free. If the guy you are paying for does the job faster, efficiently and good enough, i would go for that if i find the price reasonable.

SciresM already stated that athmosphere is still a long way to go, and he wont be providing backup loader tools. Even if the community offers them for free in a separate fork, it will still take even more time.
But what if the free guy does it better, faster, and simpler? Atmosphere will have backup loading week 1. It won't take much to make a custom installer app.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It won't take long for someone to RE their cfw and reimplement it into atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...