Team Xecuter - Legal Scholar Take, SX Modchip Leak, JoyCon Drift Lawsuit, PS5 Teardown - Tempcast #8

podcast_art_banner_smol-png.222446

In this week's episode we start where we left off last time, with resident legal expert Ericzander chiming in giving us his opinion on the recent arrests of Team Xecuter members. Along with the indictment, Team Xecuter was hit by another loss, with their proprietary SX Modchip firmware being leaked. We also discuss the recent statement by Nintendo concerning Joy-Con drift, claiming it ‘isn’t a real problem or hasn’t caused anyone any inconvenience’. And finally, we give our reactions to the official PS5 teardown.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast

Last edited by AlanJohn,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I a so glad that Team Xecuter are going to jail. They will make fine little bitches in one of USA's federal prison !
Pip'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not a chance, those guys have 15 charges against them and one of them is money laundering for criminal and terrorist group, they will never get away with that in the USA.

Pip'

why do you compare them to say Isis yes they broke the law but hardly fits the legal definition of terrorism as i do recall doing a powerpoint of the history of it in school (shortly after 9/11) focusing on the timeframe of the revolutionary war to 9/11 qand my first slide spelled out from the US laws exact definition of terrorism

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R.
they aren't using violence threats etc to further an ideal trust me if they charged them with that the whole charge won't stick

on another note i'm amazed your still here for all the trolling you do and yet make 0% to contributation to the site

Tom Jones

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use Firefox's web console to get the direct link to the mp3 file. The google podcast mp3 file can be found pretty easy. Open the web console (tools -> web developer -> web console). Then click on the google podcast link in the forum post. Before you click 'play episode' click on the Network tab (with the up/down arrow icon) on the left in the console and then highlight the 'Other' option on the right (so that 'All' is not highlighted). Now click 'play episode'. Watch in the 'File' column in the console. Look for a mp3 file. Right click on that and select Copy -> Copy URL. Paste that into another tab in firefox. There's your mp3 file. In this case it's being hosted on a cloudfront dot net web server (I can't post links but the file name is 32eb6838-323c-238a-ac3f-8478b69e8c5b.mp3).

Last edited by Tom Jones,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can we please stop pretending that some us lawfirm nintendo hired first and foremost to deal with crazy us legislation, is a valid spokesperson for nintendos views on anything?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
why do you compare them to say Isis yes they broke the law but hardly fits the legal definition of terrorism as i do recall doing a powerpoint of the history of it in school (shortly after 9/11) focusing on the timeframe of the revolutionary war to 9/11 qand my first slide spelled out from the US laws exact definition of terrorism

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R.
they aren't using violence threats etc to further an ideal trust me if they charged them with that the whole charge won't stick

on another note i'm amazed your still here for all the trolling you do and yet make 0% to contributation to the site
I didn't said they were terrorist, I said they laundered money for organised criminal and terrorist group. They will not get away with this without jail time, sorry.

Pip'

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what exactly SX OS did thats piracy?
"Each defendant is charged with 11 felony counts, including conspiracy to commit wire fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to circumvent technological measures and to traffic in circumvention devices, trafficking in circumvention devices, and conspiracy to commit money laundering."

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/two-members-notorious-videogame-piracy-group-team-xecuter-custody
Hopefully they get away from this

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: relauby

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Atmosphere will be next as it also allows priacy.

All source code is on github. Please show me the code where scries allows piracy.

Is there ways to modify atmos to allow piracy? Yes.

Does atmos allow piracy themselves? No there against it and for good reason.

The people creating the modified files that allow piracy on atmos now they maybe accountable for something. But im no lawyer.

Nintendo sdk is not used and atmos doesn't allow pirated code. Its also completely open source for nintendo or you to read through and compile. They also don't sell it. They also don't do wire fraud or money laundering. Goodbye TX.

Deleted member 534671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But he hilariously writes “pip” at the end of all of his posts!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All source code is on github. Please show me the code where scries allows piracy.

Is there ways to modify atmos to allow piracy? Yes.

Does atmos allow piracy themselves? No there against it and for good reason.

The people creating the modified files that allow piracy on atmos now they maybe accountable for something. But im no lawyer.

Nintendo sdk is not used and atmos doesn't allow pirated code. Its also completely open source for nintendo or you to read through and compile. They also don't sell it. They also don't do wire fraud or money laundering. Goodbye TX.
To go further on this; Atmosphere's reimplemented sysmodules actually explicitly enforce Nintendo's signatures where the official sysmodules would ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.