Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.8 with improved Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are webapplets ? Sorry noob over here :)

Webapplets are the heart of many many parts of the Nintendo Switch system (eshop, safety notices, captive portals, image/video sharing), even game guides and multiplayer lobbies rely on them. Opening them on SXOS v1.7 or v1.8 will cause a fatal crash and cause some corruption on your exfat partition.

Buurmanzz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't use online services since i'm superbanned. I Didn't encounter any crashes up until now. Fingers crossed.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm in nintendo 5.1.0 firmware I haven't seen any switches sold with this firmware and well I have one ( Practical no blown fuse for 4.0 to 5.0 range ) ,then I use sxos 1.6 because I was waiting for user feedback,so 2 questions,should I find and install the 6.0 firmware? ( and yes I'm playing mario odyssey right now)?
2/ wait for an update sxos 2.0?
( emunand? I smell something like that)
I don't know what to do, switch plane mode from sxos 1.4 ( clean nand dump)

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn’t the webapplet crash bug related to stealth mode?
It has absolutely nothing to do with stealth mode if you have been paying attention. This is why TX is accused of stealing work from open-source projects because this crash was heavily known amongst the devs who made the code that TX used. The worst part here is they didn't even bother testing nor fixing it before taking it for themselves.
Hmm interesting didn't know that. I'll report back if i get a crash.
For your sake, do not use an exFAT formatted SD card if you are going to be testing this. FAT32 can prevent the SD card from being corrupted during a crash but not exFAT; these are the strict limitations of the format themselves.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in nintendo 5.1.0 firmware I haven't seen any switches sold with this firmware and well I have one ( Practical no blown fuse for 4.0 to 5.0 range ) ,then I use sxos 1.6 because I was waiting for user feedback,so 2 questions,should I find and install the 6.0 firmware? ( and yes I'm playing mario odyssey right now)?
2/ wait for an update sxos 2.0?
( emunand? I smell something like that)
I don't know what to do, switch plane mode from sxos 1.4 ( clean nand dump)
I much rather have usb loading than emunand. I think emunand is the least important feature at this point given that online will be pay2play.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still have cartridge issue with this one.
Any way to download 1.5 version or lower ? I can't find anything else than 1.8 on official website

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx a lot

Edit : not working either. There is definitely something wrong with my switch and OS.

Any cartridge needs to be plug twice in my switch to be detected on SXOS. This issue does not happen on OFW or ReiNX. rip in peperoni.

Edit 2 : I just "fix" it with random test :
I simply loaded an XCI file (without game in the switch duh). Doing that may have unlocked some shit. Now cartridge works fine.

Last edited by koyuki38,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes the usb charger will be there And I prefer streaming network on switch with server on pc a thousand times, than connecting a hdd in nomad mode...
, write and read on sdcard is possible, redirected in usb c to usb otg, with driver code is feasible. Emmunand? Who's stopping you from reselling your switch? If she's banned? How much is $50? Who's stopping you in a year from paying 20€, or can be just 1 month 2€? For a cool game? So emunand is important to me,then I have 256GB sd card,sure hdd are cheaper,but that's not what's urgent,pc transfer to sdcard usb3 ( 80mo/s) then...

me the only official firmware update was for exfat,(2 sd 128go full) a 64 go fat32 ( for emulator homebrew) I don't want to go back to fat 32 ( I don't want to restore 32 go of nand on sd fat32)
I have no feedback on the reliability of restored a nand with firmware 6.0 I pass my all for now
Because I don't even know if it is possible to merge without error a nand dump partitioned on fat32 4 go 8X4 go nand limitation, or cut a nand into 8?

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with this update you can't play are install nsp files any more if it dose that don't update till they fix it everyone just don't update till a fix comes thanks bye.

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Has nothing to do with online services. If a game has an online service built into it, even if you don't use it, the game will crash before you even get a chance.
Game will actually work fine, it just will crash when you get to a section involving webapplets, like action guide on SMO (which you're forced to open in some parts of the game).

In addition to other effects, it's a literal game breaker.

Last edited by AveSatanas,

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game will actually work fine, it just will crash ?...?...
Over the weeks who says that the list of games that work well but crash? Won't grow?
Web applet game list switch crash?

And those who paid are allowed to have 100% experience
And not a truncated experience, even if it's 99℅
I am sxos 1.6 (firmware 5.1.0)
And I don't have any problems described above then?
Firware 6.0? Nand restore?
Because I don't even know if it is possible to merge without error a nand dump partitioned on fat32 4 go 8X4 go nand ( fat32 limitation is 4go), or cut a nand into 8? Bad idea

Who tested doom firmware 6.0? The only game that wants a network connection has two times in stealth plane mode. ???? ( After mario galaxy can be the doom winner? )

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1