Hacking Team Rebug switchme modchip - Did anyone receive their preorder?

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Just remembered I ordered a few back in july. Never got them.

Was this a scam, or did people actually receive theirs? Anyone have a contact method for team rebug? I know they supposedly finished a final build, I can see it on their website. But I would like to know for those who actually pre-ordered that they received it.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something did happen, I forget the details and I have no idea who to recommend to contact.

I dont think it was a scam but a series of unfortunate events and circumstances. Something to do with trade wars

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
something did happen, I forget the details and I have no idea who to recommend to contact.

I dont think it was a scam but a series of unfortunate events and circumstances. Something to do with trade wars

Every scam ever claims a series of unfortunate events and circumstances. If there were production issues then they should have automatically issued refunds. The fact that they did not tells you outright that it was a scam.

Either people got their pre-orders or they got a refund. If they didn't get either, its a undeniable scam.

The only question I have is why bother leaving the website up? They are not taking more orders, seems to serve no purpose if you burned the bridge.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every scam ever claims a series of unfortunate events and circumstances. If there were production issues then they should have automatically issued refunds. The fact that they did not tells you outright that it was a scam.

Either people got their pre-orders or they got a refund. If they didn't get either, its a undeniable scam.

The only question I have is why bother leaving the website up? They are not taking more orders, seems to serve no purpose if you burned the bridge.
Idk, you could attempt to contact evilsperm he hangs around here and Twitter.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

Was this a scam, or did people actually receive theirs? Anyone have a contact method for team rebug? I know they supposedly finished a final build, I can see it on their website. But I would like to know for those who actually pre-ordered that they received it.

I ordered 2 last July and never got them. I raised a dispute with PP and got my money back.

Reactions: ELY_M

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don`t think it was all a scam.

It looks like the supply chain broke down. Promises were broken during manufacture it seems. Numerous let-downs with board manufacture IIRC. People lost money. Customers as well as Rebug lost money if my understanding is correct.

Such is life I suppose. Its the nature of this "grey" area of business creating and fitting modchips. Everything is a risk.

Reactions: PyroGoat and iriez

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i contacted him and he wrote me but till now i don't have my money back or the switchme's i ordered from devboard.xyz since it was an official reseller from rebug team
and they don't contact me if there was something missing from them

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
It definitely was not a scam, I ordered a couple and received a couple.

I suppose it could be negligence then, which while only half as bad, is still bad. Either you can ship orders with tracking or you are intending to escape liability. Which is silly, as not shipping with tracking increases liability, not reduces.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@evilsperm said to contact him if you didn't get yours.

word thanks man. I did so.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, why should I ? There are always free CFW. That's why I wont buy mod chip from anybody anyway.

Reactions: ELY_M

iriez

OP
Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
No, why should I ? There are always free CFW. That's why I wont buy mod chip from anybody anyway.

First, why comment on this thread if you didn't preorder? No one likes roosters fluffing their chest and yelling so that they can have people look at them...its annoying as hell. No one cares about your opinions on matters you've admitted you have no knowledge on. Incredibly immature to postulate.

Secondly, you need a hardware device to internally send a payload without the use of a jig. Im not going to carry some silly dongle with me everywhere i go. Im going to install HW internally so its nice and clean and never worry about it again. And yes, its going to send a atmosphere payload, not tx.

Last edited by iriez,
Reactions: TerryG and Mythical

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, why comment on this thread if you didn't preorder? No one likes roosters fluffing their chest and yelling so that they can have people look at them...its annoying as hell. No one cares about your opinions on matters you've admitted you have no knowledge on. Incredibly immature to postulate.

Secondly, you need a hardware device to internally send a payload without the use of a jig. Im not going to carry some silly dongle with me everywhere i go. Im going to install HW internally so its nice and clean and never worry about it again. And yes, its going to send a atmosphere payload, not tx.

:rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8