Team Ninja to reveal three new titles at TGS 08

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Newly appointed Tecmo CEO Yasuharu Kakihara has announced in a press conference at Tokyo today that their Team Ninja studio will be bringing with them three action titles on the TGS show floor. This bit of information was dropped when Kakihara was discussing their lineup for the year.

With Itagaki out the picture, the head of Team Ninja is one Jin Hasegawa. Their studio is already working on these three action titles. Unfortunately, no details about these upcoming games were revealed.

Some people are saying its a new Ninja Gaiden and other people are saying its a new Dead or Alive. Others are saying they are new games all together.

News Source: QJ.net

2. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, it wouldn't surprise me if one of those new titles ends up being for the DS, since the director of Dragon Sword said he wanted to do more on the system. But hearing about Team Ninja without Itagaki just makes me sad. I find it impossible to get excited about this news, even though I'm sure they'll continue to make great games without him. After all, he wasn't the only one with talent on that team, and there's obviously a lot of fun minds working over there. Still... [​IMG]

3. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Itagaki make ninja gaiden?

4. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Well it was his vision, yeah. DOA was also his game, too.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be suprised if it was brand new games altogether.

5. 13375p34k3r

Member 13375p34k3r GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Tecmo sucks without the REAL boss ninja Itagaki. Tecmo is just announcing this crap to cover up the fact that Itagaki left the team.

However don't hate me if you have a different opinion, I just think that Tecmo is a company of theives for not giving Itagaki his hard won premiums. Especially since he is the guy who got Tecmo onto the scene with smash hits such as DoA and NG.