New trailer for Square Enix's 'Left Alive' revealed

left alive.PNG

Revealed last year during Sony's pre-TGS conference was Square Enix's new survival action shooter IP Left Alive which was then slated for a 2018 release. You'd be forgiven if you forgot about it as little else was known about the game and even less was mentioned since its initial announcement. Leading to this year's Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix revealed a brand-new trailer for the game that introduces the game’s three main protagonists, each with their own stories, missions and paths to salvation. The title has also been pushed back to a 2019 release window.

Set during a devastating invasion in war-torn Novo Slava, LEFT ALIVE tells a human story of survival. LEFT ALIVE brings together veteran developers, Toshifumi Nabeshima (director, Armored Core series), Yoji Shinkawa from KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS (character designer, METAL GEAR series), and Takayuki Yanase (mech designer, Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Xenoblade Chronicles X) to create a dark and gritty world.

LEFT ALIVE
will be available for the PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2019.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I guess they're still committed to it, the delay was probably for the best. Impressions of their Gamescom showing were not highly positive.

Don't know why but I get a weird Ace Combat vibe from this trailer. Maybe it is just the combination of cliched writing and cheesy voice acting.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if I trust Square Enix to do "dark and gritty" war is hell type stuff. Most of that appeared about as camp as the average post 10 Final Fantasy game. Could never the less be enjoyable.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I never needed any customers support in my whole life of gaming lol, so this feature is kinda useless.
I'm not talking just about customer support, I'm talking xbox live gold benefits, game pass, and cross-platform play. And they aren't sending ninjas to people's houses for downloading an old xbox iso.

Back on topic: This game piqued my interest because of Yoji Shinkawa's character designs, but I think it's just going to be a mech battle game. I don't really care for the genre. I couldn't really get into Zone of the Enders for that reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: