Not open for further replies.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently, both the main Team Cyclops site and their forums have went down... The error message this time is different, and some people believe they have got up and left, seeing as the domain has expired.

What we know so far:

The domain has expired, which is an unusual issue for the site, as this means they no longer own the domain.
There was a lack of updates before the site expired.
The team had been promising a DSi cart for a long time.. Yet has not lived up to the rumour.

This is what I've managed to collect so far. If you have any other information, and have a link/source/proof, please notify me!

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sure they are gone, cyclowiz was for example the only wii modchip, with update function (Slogan: "CycloWiz - The first and only upgradable Wii modchip"), which didn't get an update for nsmb.

I suppose its an financial issue.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Do you even know what it means for a domain name to expire? It isn't an "error" as you call it. I just means the domain name isn't registered to them anymore.

With that said, it does seem like they've left the business and I don't think it's worth speculating. If you're impatient on the potential updates, get a different flash cart.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ritsuki said:
What was the last version of the CycloDS firmware ?

That was B4.0.

I also think that their forum is gone: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/ I think they left. To bad
ohnoes.png

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It`s a shame if they are really gone, since the CycloDS was my only Flashcart for DS, since I never felt the need to get another one.... They usually were pretty fast with updates and such so I was pretty satisfied with their support.

I think if there is really no intention of updating the cart they should at least acknowledge that with an official statement!

I think I wait which cart gets Last Window first to work (just to see who`s the fastest) and just get that cart
wink.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man! I really hate to think about getting another flashcart this late in the DS's lifespan. I feel like I'd be wasting money. Though if I did get another one, it would likely be the SCDS2.

jumpluff

Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty unhappy about this. I love my Cyclo (and it's a damn expensive flash cart, as far as flash carts go), partly because TC were punctual with updates, but I did notice they'd become more sporadic. Honestly, I'd expect them to have issued a notice. I am not sure what to make of this. The domain expired literally hours ago and it would be odd if they did it "by mistake", since generally domains are paid on a yearly or biyearly basis due to bulk discounts with registrars. I find it unlikely that they could not have noticed their domain was about to expire. At least, when I allowed one of mine to expire, I was inundated with notifications via email; if they had anyone in charge of maintaining the website then they would definitely know. In which case I am shocked they did not make an announcement. *shrugs* Not sure what to think. Like Rayder, I don't want to get a new flash cart this late, so if I don't have to, I won't.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rayder said:
Man! I really hate to think about getting another flashcart this late in the DS's lifespan. I feel like I'd be wasting money. Though if I did get another one, it would likely be the SCDS2.
I honestly have the same feeling but there are still so many good games to come that the Investment could be worth it...

I`m also tend to get either a SCDS2 or an Acecart. Like I said I think I`m gonna wait who gets LW first to work
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would have been nice if they would have at least released the source code for their cart. Then you could at least hope someone else could have taken over the updates on the cart.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks like the competition might've finally gotten to them.
The combination of no DSi compatibility and the cheaper, more functional DSTwo must've made it really hard for them to make sales...

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope not. Currently, CycloDS is my only flashcart, and the best so far.

If they are really gone, I guess I will have to dig my storeroom to search for my old R4
frown.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rayder said:
I don't know if I'd get another one either, but I'd get a DS Two as well; I don't have a DSi flashcard yet.

AP Hacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eon-Rider said:
Do you even know what it means for a domain name to expire? It isn't an "error" as you call it. I just means the domain name isn't registered to them anymore.

With that said, it does seem like they've left the business and I don't think it's worth speculating. If you're impatient on the potential updates, get a different flash cart.

I'm vey aware of what domain expiry is. I merely referred to it as an error for those who don't know what it is... However I will edit my post.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jumpluff said:
I am pretty unhappy about this. I love my Cyclo (and it's a damn expensive flash cart, as far as flash carts go), partly because TC were punctual with updates, but I did notice they'd become more sporadic. Honestly, I'd expect them to have issued a notice. I am not sure what to make of this. The domain expired literally hours ago and it would be odd if they did it "by mistake", since generally domains are paid on a yearly or biyearly basis due to bulk discounts with registrars. I find it unlikely that they could not have noticed their domain was about to expire. At least, when I allowed one of mine to expire, I was inundated with notifications via email; if they had anyone in charge of maintaining the website then they would definitely know. In which case I am shocked they did not make an announcement. *shrugs* Not sure what to think. Like Rayder, I don't want to get a new flash cart this late, so if I don't have to, I won't.

+1 on every single statement. I am 100% in agreement and disappointed to see the CycloDS go by the wayside. I paid the premium when I originally got my flashcard because of the features available and what I felt was the most polished interface, and best support. Sad to see things go this way, but with this economy it's not that surprising. I just wish they would acknowledge their demise if that is the case rather than leave it up to speculation.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
So what if they are gone we have what we want on our cyclo.....
Patches for games that don't work are developping....

Also in a few mothns the 3DS is going to come out so the DS industry is going to stop in a few months after the release buying a new card is pointless in my opinion???

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Don't you also have an R4 that you can use Wood R4 on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4