Tales of Xillia 2 Will be released NA: August 19 EU: August 22

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend is going to be pretty excited. Personally, I wasn't as into Xillia, but I know I'll still be seeing this game day one.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished ToX like, last night. Awesome!
Xillia 1 was the easiest/fastest Tales game I've ever played. So linear. o.0 Still put 30+ hours in a single playthrough though.
I hear Xillia 2 has branching paths so that's cool.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Just finished ToX like, last night. Awesome!
Xillia 1 was the easiest/fastest Tales game I've ever played. So linear. o.0 Still put 30+ hours in a single playthrough though.
I hear Xillia 2 has branching paths so that's cool.

Yeah, you can choose between 2 choices in parts of the game, you get extra/different scenes if you choose the right one.
You also get extra scenes if a character is in your party.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did the first Xillia compare to the rest of the series?
It depends on the person playing it, haha. Some hate it, some think it's the best of the recent ones (Graces f, Xillia, Hearts and Innocence, etc)
I liked it but won't compare it to the other games in a ranking. I will say that the combat is my favorite in terms of "fun" and flashy stuff.
Play the first one before anything to do with the second one if you are interested in it, it's a direct sequel and major spoilers for the first game are shown right away.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Day 1 buy no questions asked, most expensive edition available and a digital copy to actually play.

Feels like it was rushed.

It was rushed actually. The devs even admit to it.
Doesn't mean it's bad by any stretch of course, just that Tales games tend to have a very nice flow and length. It's noticeable when a title deviates from the norm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel