ROM Hack RELEASE Tales of Vesperia Save Editor

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. Thanks for the info. So, I put in max level in Editor, play game, then edit stats after level max at 200? Also, if I put in level 200 in Editor, does doing so also increase experience and stats?
I never tried to use Max lv on the editor, but Ive tried modding status, só i only know How they work, sry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I got ToV 2 days ago and used the Editor. What I wanted to accomplish was to increase Character stats. First, tried to just set level to 200 or 199. Level did go up, but not Character stats. Played with editor and saves a bit and I figured it out by increasing total Experience Points, and not increase level through Editor. When I increased Experience Points with editor, I leveled up to max really quick and also gained both stats increase as well as learn Artes quick as well. Thought this info can help you guys as well :)

Maliksw

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, I used blazor edge abyssion with the save editor at my first play but the p.atk of yuri does not increase at all. I tried killing a lot of monsters, yet no result. I' ve checked the status of yuri and still no increase in p.atk. can someone tell me what is wrong with it?

Reactions: Khalyus

Khalyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I used blazor edge abyssion with the save editor at my first play but the p.atk of yuri does not increase at all. I tried killing a lot of monsters, yet no result. I' ve checked the status of yuri and still no increase in p.atk. can someone tell me what is wrong with it?
U need to clear the game at least one time to unlock its evolving abity

shadedemonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how the hell do i use this to edit my switch version of tov i cant find any tutorials on this any help is appreciated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do i use this editor i cant find any tutorials on it i want to edit my tales of vesperia on my switch any help would be nice thanks

Nyrric

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok so, I started playing vesperia recently and I wanted to convert my PC save to switch and vice-versa.
So in case anyone is looking to do the same the correct ways are

hex editor open pc save delete 0x0 to 0x227 parts
tov save editor open ns save
file-import select pc save
press save button
ok

This works for PC to Switch

I'll try my best to explain this:
1. Once you've raw exported your save file using the tool above, edit it with HxD (a hex editor, download it if you don't have it yet). Should look something like this.
2. Now open the original save file with HxD. Should look something like this.
3. Select the block of bytes from 0x0 - 0x227, right before the TLZC magic word. It should look something like this.
4. Go back to the decompressed save file tab and right click at the beginning of the file and click on 'Paste write' like this A confirmation prompt will come up, just click OK.
5. There should be red colored numbers that you pasted earlier like this. Then just click on Save or press CTRL + S.
6. Now you should be able to use your Switch's save file for the PC version. Just make sure you know where the save data is located in the PC version (should be easy enough to locate them if you're on Steam). Rename the save file accordingly too.

I can't guarantee if it'll work for everyone but it did work for me. I'm also unsure if it works both ways.

This works for Switch to PC, however when you paste the block of bytes you should paste insert, it will warn you that this will modify the file size, just accept. It works DLC and everything.

Reactions: SilverDen

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only just learned about this save editor today, and I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to port a save file from PC to Switch?

2. If not, is there a way to force charas to learn skills they'd otherwise never acquire? For example, putting Yuri's High Tension, Hyper Tension, and Ultimate Tension on Rita.

Reactions: Khalyus

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2. If not, is there a way to force charas to learn skills they'd otherwise never acquire? For example, putting Yuri's High Tension, Hyper Tension, and Ultimate Tension on Rita.
Do you read posts above? They answered your question.

Remember, this forum expect you to use search feature and read the posts, otherwise members are less inclined to help.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States

Short answer is Yes and Yes

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, is there instructions on how to edit titles and skills? I just get a bunch of question marks when attempting to edit skills, and titles are just a sequence of checkboxes with letters.

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, I started playing vesperia recently and I wanted to convert my PC save to switch and vice-versa.
So in case anyone is looking to do the same the correct ways are

This works for PC to Switch

This works for Switch to PC, however when you paste the block of bytes you should paste insert, it will warn you that this will modify the file size, just accept. It works DLC and everything.
I tried following the above message to port my PC save to Switch, but when I booted the game up my save file showed four Yuri entries, one with infinite HP. Attempting to load the save file crashed the game. I did exactly as zestiva said, however. Is there a guide or more concrete instructions I could use? And does it matter if a save file has the NG+ flag or not?

DerpMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NG+ flag shouldn't matter. It's been a long time since I've done this, but I do know that the Switch save has a sizeable header where the PC version does not, so make sure to keep that intact when overwriting data from PC to Switch.
I had zero idea what I was even doing. I followed the instructions as written by zestiva and it didn't work. I've never used a hex editor before, either.

MukiEX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a reliable Switch->PC translator? Using this one, even with the Hex hack, the save looks fine in the save menu but instantly crashes on load.

SOLUTION! For anyone having trouble with Switch => PC, who can't simply reset the buttons back on your Switch to "fix" the save file:

1. I opened a working PC save, changed some buttons, and saved it to a 2nd file. I then went and set the buttons to default and saved it to a 3rd file.
2. I compared files 2 and 3 in a Hex editor. It found differences in 0xA3F84, 0xA79B4, 0xA88B0, and 0xA8928
3. Tried messing with some of those values and realized they were time storage. Turns out I only needed 0xA79B4.
I updated the value of 59 02 00 00 to 05 00 00 00 from my PC save.
4. Success! Whole save loaded just fine, correct time/costumes and everything! (If there was DLC to buy on either platform I bought it all, it's been years, I kinda forgot what was avaialble)

Last edited by MukiEX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone