Gaming Tales of symphonia 2 problems

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi. I'm not entierly sure where to put this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. Anyway:

I have some problems with tales of symphonia 2 US edition on my PAL machine. The unmodified ISO boots fine under gecko os, but it does have some problems:
1. Small, white spots during cutscenes at random places (not a big problem, I can live with it, but..)
2. Extremely noisy dvd-drive that works almost all the time (my biggest worry)
3. Rare "disk read errors" while loading a sequence in-game
4. Sound seem to fade a little in and out during battles

My burner is of ok-quality and use verbatim DVDs, and I haven't had this problem with other games. I also brickblocked and region-freed the iso on another dvd, but all of the problems prevail... My modchip is a d2cKey if that has anything to do with it. I haven't updated myself with the latest "wii-hacking" news in a while, so I am sorry if I'm asking about something "obvious"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

darkriku197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same problem.
D2Ckey, verbatim dvd+r's but im using the same region disk and wii. Havent checked the news in a while either. D=. And im constantly getting disk read errors with TOS. All of my other games work fine

Mr.kuchinawa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Right. I'm more worried about the actual lens than the noise itself. Could burn speed affect it? or is the game simply designed like this?

Side question: If I use the original disk when it arrives to the Europe, will the game still be able to utilize the save from the NTSC version of the game?

Btw: I've only gotten disk read error once.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you're wondering, the white spots are caused by the sparkles that come along with the quill-like cursor icon that seem to like to load in right after the close of a cutscene. I'm running this game perfectly fine on my chipped wii and I've also noticed it's quite loud - probably because of all the data it is constantly streaming off the disc so I think the noise is normal (much like SSBB).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DrHectic said:
If you're wondering, the white spots are caused by the sparkles that come along with the quill-like cursor icon that seem to like to load in right after the close of a cutscene. I'm running this game perfectly fine on my chipped wii and I've also noticed it's quite loud - probably because of all the data it is constantly streaming off the disc so I think the noise is normal (much like SSBB).

how fuck did you get it to work? i've tried everything it refuses to load on my pal wiikey! tried using wiifrri it failed, menu loader failed and gecko os wont work for me.
mad.gif

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried using a the freeloader? Try setting the screen to 60Hz (or EDTV if you have component cables, which is what i'm using) and use the freeloader. Worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo