Tales of Innocence Cheat help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by bleachigo159, Jul 4, 2010.

Jul 4, 2010
  1. bleachigo159
    OP

Newcomer bleachigo159 Advanced Member

Philippines
    I patched the game and played it on No$gba2.6 using NO$Zoomer, I tried using R4 cheats because No$Zoomer has an r4cheat compatibility and I also changed the Game ID but still the cheats wont work T-T any suggestions??

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    there are some cheats which doesn't work with the translated game

such as
    all weapon.. hp, tp and other battle codes

3. xvolution

Newcomer xvolution Advanced Member

United States
    This is a pretty thorough hack, so a lot of the cheats from the unpatched version will not work with the patched version.

4. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    I can confirm that XP and SP multiplicator codes work.

5. Bake

Member Bake GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    What's with the people using cheats all of a sudden. Play the game like it was meant to be. You're just taking the fun from it using cheats.

6. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    that's your own opinion.

7. kaizer3000

Member kaizer3000 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    i dont condone ppl using cheats...coz i do use them...some ppl hv loads of stuff going on with their lives (stress/money issues/love life/work/etc) and cant find time to level the characters slowly...

some uses cheats coz there's too many unfinished games lying around...i too have over a hundred of rpg's NOT YET COMPLETED...=.=''

different ppl uses cheats for reasons other normal players wont understand...no need to start an argument over this matter...its like arguing whos race's gods are true gods...a never ending debate...

anyway back to topic,
    i find money/grade/guild points cheats working...

all items cheats (exept weapon) are working as well

and finally the xp/ style multiplier works as well...im a happy geek... =.=''

8. Kajitani-Eizan

Member Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i guess people should enjoy games however they wish, but personally, i really think you should avoid cheating until after you've beaten the game. if you want to cheat once you've beaten the game to get all the items or whatever, that's one thing, but if you cheat to level 200 right from the start, all the work the developers put into the balance and challenge goes down the drain.

9. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Lol, I don't really feel the need to cheat, the guild dungeon is great for all of my grinding needs (just put the characters on auto, rank up your guild until you can actually die from the monsters in the dungeon, and let the AI do the rest xD)...but then again, I just got to Naos (I'm not really grinding hard...but I want to at least get my characters to level 25)

10. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ehh, personally I don't like using cheats because it defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place. But if people want to use cheats then fair enough.

It would be cool if someone created/found new cheats for the English hack, but after being given such an amazing translation, do you really want to ask for more? >__>

11. kenzspellz

Member kenzspellz GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    it would be better to stop this " using cheats" opinions for now and get on with the original topic... =)

12. Princess Rozalin

Member Princess Rozalin †GBAtemp Official Princess Of Roses†

United States
    I 100% Agree with this statement I have Never use Cheats unless i beaten the games.IMO games are better played like they are to Enjoy it and have Fun.Once beaten you can use cheats cause you Already Enjoyed the whole game.

13. elixirdream

Malaysia
    even i make cheats but i hardly use them because it really kill the purpose of some games.
    i would still use some cheats just to speed up the game (aka game enhancers).
    if cheats are not used, i think i would never finish some games (speed up text, move a little faster).
    Time is a shortage for me....

*please don't start an arguement like, why do you still play the game?

in my opinion, RPG is about story.. grinding and etc is just an element to make the game better or interesting.
    skipping those doesn't mean you didn't enjoy the dev's work. Only quitting is a waste of others' effort.

1-regarding when to use cheats? bumping around i find that some people can be useless...
    they rely on cheats for every single crap....even the lousiest shovelware they need a cheat...
    i classify this people as failure. if a cheat is not available they will whine as if they will die [​IMG]

2-another type of people would be idiots! they just need cheat for a game because they want to cheat..

3-some people would require a cheat just to make the game interesting

gaming used to be fun when i have all the time just to game and i didn't know a thing call cheat
    this is why i thank there isn't any cheating devices for ps3 or 360 [​IMG]

some might ask me why do i make cheats then? i make them because they are challenging! the shittier the game... the harder it gets [​IMG]

14. xvolution

Newcomer xvolution Advanced Member

United States
    To me this is the only legit reason to cheat. What if a game is simply too easy for you and you want to make it harder? What's wrong with a cheat that halves EXP/Style points given? That would keep your levels down and pose a greater challenge.

15. elixirdream

Malaysia
    i have to agree with you, some people love this sort of challenge
    my friend Prof. 9 actually make a hard mode for megaman starforce 3:P

perhaps in future..... this is what i will do, instead of making things easier..
    i should focus on making it harder

half the EXP (easy)
    decrease the damage or increase the enemy HP (these are tougher codes to make)

16. OrangeTato

Newcomer OrangeTato Newbie

Canada
    I've been having some trouble getting the SP multiplier codes to work. My game always freezes when i have them activated. I've tried with only having SP multiplier codes on but still can't get them to work. It usually either freeze in the first battle I go into, or as I'm moving around on the world map. I'm using the Absolute Zero translation patch on my M3Real. The cheats are from the GBATemp database, anyone have any ideas?

17. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You didn't read the thread did you? A variety of the cheats won't work on the patched version that work on the unpatched version. If you need cheats, remake them for the patched version. (xD the cheat that I have on is the movement cheat, because the character moves so slow).