Gaming Tales game confirmed for Switch in Japan this year.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Oh sweet, I am a fan of the series. I am interested what it is, be it a port or whatever. I am hoping it is a port, maybe of berseria or something since for it to be a new game and come out this fast would be bad. It is also not crazy to think there would be maybe a 60fps version of Zestiria and Berseria in a combo package or something like that. Both games had PS3 versions, which is console considerably weaker than switch (processor debatable).

If it is a new game, I doubt it is a great game, tales spinoffs usually are not that great. A port of a game would not be that bad, Zestiria and Berseria are safe bet as switch could handle those games, if nothing else being ported from PS3 (when it comes to assets, etc. code probably from PS4/PC base to ARM rather than complex Power PC to ARM)

I am not hugest fan of Berseria. I was OK with it but it has been weakest tales game I played since Graces f, personal opinions here. Personally thought Zestiria as a complete package was stronger game as well, shoot me, but eh, I might get a double package of both for switch etc.

Side note: Tales games would be perfect on switch. One advantage of Switch "as a home console" is it's extreme portability. This also translates to complete switch system taking far less space, and time to setup than other consoles. I am used to taking my Wii U around places and transporting Wii U is just about the most pain in the ass system to take around when you start factoring extra controllers for smash tourneys, needing the gamepad for internet settings etc. or whatever. Switch on other hand is the switch, and it's dock is not huge either. Carrying it for TV use is easy as hell and this makes it ideal for Tales games, and those five people who are interested to get to play it together. I personally do not get people visiting my place, so I take my stuff with me and visit friends, this is only way I could play a little bit of vesperia together with a friend, carrying my 360, and later a modded, big old fat PS3 - same for xillia, carrying my PS3, etc. Carrying a switch? That I wouldn't mind doing, daily even.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 999.... Apple.... Can I just use 999 dollar bills and light them on fire?