Taking screenshots?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Auizel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Auizel
    OP

Auizel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hey GBAtemp, does anyone know of a homebrew app that allows you to take screenshots (or even record video playing) while you play games on your flashcart? I did a quick Google search, and found out there was none, but all the results were quite old so I was wondering if anything has been made to allow screenshots to be taken.

Thanks!

2. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    I really don't think the DS is powerful enough UNLESS there is a program that lets you stream the image on the DS to a PC.

3. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Can you run a homebrew while running a DS game?
    There's your answer.

4. Auizel
    OP

Auizel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Well, maybe a homebrew app that emulates a DS game (like YSMenu) and by pressing a certain button combination it saves an image to the microSD card.

5. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    YSMenu isn't an emulator.

6. Auizel
    OP

Auizel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    I know, but I meant it as an app that runs DS games through the flashcart. Surely it can be edited, or maybe there is another similar app that allows screenshots to be taken? Or if there's not, would it be possible?

7. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Technically I doubt it could do DS games on a standard DS - but I know that on a DSTwo you can run the GBA/SNES emulator & pause the game to take screenshots but that's mainly due to the extra processor/memory avaliable (IIRC) - so I would guess it MAY be possible for that flashcard to run a snapshot Homebrew & a DS game at the same time - but not for Video grabbing though

The only other way I know of is to use a PC Emulator & use that to take screenshots &/or videos...

8. Auizel
    OP

Auizel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    Ah, I see. Well, maybe sometime there will be an app that can capture DS screenshots. Meanwhile I'll just have to use an emulator on PC.

Thanks for the help.